Procurement & Logistics Officer (PLO)
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Officer (PLO)
Department: Operation Department
Reports to: Procurement & Logistics Manager
Location: Aden, Yemen
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable people. The mission of Global Communities is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe. Global Communities has operations in countries in Africa, Americas, Asia and Europe.
Global Communities has been working in Yemen since 2004 helping to empower young people and improve the educational system, as well as build the capacity of media and civil society to address and engage the public around social issues related to the rights of women and children. Global Communities has two active humanitarian assistance and early recovery programs in North and South of Yemen. Global Communities is currently launching Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST).
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities in seven governorates in Yemen. The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Procurement & Logistics Officer will prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests for offers for the supply of goods and services to meet the project’s objectives. He/she will be responsible for building and controlling the YCST Program’ database of contractors and suppliers and will monitor awarding levels on a quarterly basis for vetting purposes. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring program compliance with donor procurement rules and regulations. In particular, he/she will:
- Initiate Invitations to Bid and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary.
- Coordinate and liaise with all YCST Program departments in field and partner/implementing agencies to ensure the timely delivery of goods and services for the programs.
- Provide advice on contract renewal/cancellation or extension of suppliers/contractors etc.
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through PRs, POs,
- RFQs, Comparative Statements, Bid Analysis, Invoices, and Delivery Reports.
- Control and manage all goods and supplies that are used by YCST Program Field Office to enable the effective, timely and cost-effective implementation of the programs.
- Updating of Vendor Database.
- Ensure proper filing Management system
- Follow-up with the finance section as well as vendors.
- Obtain approval on procurement documents from concerned authorities.
- Facilitate Procurement Committee.
- Collect goods and petty purchases.
- Ensure compliance with YCST Program’ and/or donor’s policies and procedures.
- Manage inventory system
- Develop, implement and maintain the logistics set up for YCST Program Office, being procurement, transport, and warehousing and fuel management.
- Monitor the use of vehicles and ensure adequate controls over the use and movement of all YCST Program vehicles including hired ones. Initiate procurement of spare parts for all YCST Program vehicles and ensure service dates are strictly adhered to.
- Coordinate with his assistant to manage all transport requirements including Vehicle log book (VLB) fuel, maintenance, servicing and ensuring that all vehicles are fully equipped with toolkits, First Aid kits, and other relevant equipment for the short or long journey.
- Coordinate closely with the Admin. Officer and other program staff to ensure the accuracy of the YCST Field inventory database on a daily basis and prepare documentation/reports for internal use and submission to PLM. Maintain and update all YCST Program assets by project code.
- Directly supervise drivers managing their schedules.
- As needed procurement officer will be expected to visit other field offices on a regular basis.
- Carry of all the duties and responsibility, which will be signed by PLM and/or DFA.
- Due to the nature of the organization’s activities, tasks mentioned above are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet the organization’s objectives.
- Directly supervise Procurement and Logistics Assistant.
- Perform any other task assign by supervisor
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, minimum 1 Year to 3 Years relevant experience, very good organizational and communication skills, and teamwork oriented very good English language skills.
Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic or local language. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Normal office environment, However, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
- Application should consist of a detailed resume or CV. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the program and the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- Applications will be received until the position is filled.
- Due to the urgency for this position interviews will be done on a rolling basis