Food For Peace ( FFP) Program Director
Food For Peace ( FFP) Program Director - Sana’a, Yemen, with frequent travel to Hajjah and Hodeidah
Save the Children (SC), one of the largest NGOs in Yemen, seeks a Program Director for an electronic voucher program designed to deliver emergency food security support to conflict-affected people in Hajjah and Hodeidah governorates of Yemen, funded by the USAID Food for Peace (FFP) program. We are currently seeking an experience Program Director to lead the next expanded phase of this critical project.
The FFP Program Director (PD) will be responsible for providing technical leadership and overall management of the FFP program, working closely with field teams to provide technical and operations guidance, support monitoring and evaluation, and ensure program quality. S/he will also ensure effective financial and operational management of the project working closely with the wider Operations Team and the Field Managers in Hajjah and Hodeida. The FFP PD will act as the primary focal point and represent the project to USAID/FFP and other key stakeholders in Yemen and the region. The FFP PD is ultimately responsible for compliance and the oversight of project activities which will meet the stated objectives of the project.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Needs analysis and program design
- Design and lead required assessments in coordination with the FSL team.
- Conduct situation analysis and participate actively in developing a food security and livelihood strategy and aligning FFP activities
- Lead new proposal development and amendments to existing program plans as required
- Define implementation modalities (identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution, monitoring, etc.) together with field teams
- Lead the implementation of high quality program activities in line with grant agreement and SC technical and operational requirements
- Create detailed implementation plans, including phased budgets, M&E and indicator tracking plans for the FFP program, updating these as required
- Conduct planning meetings with key program staff, while ensuring adequate planning documents are established and maintained
- Monitor progress of activities against the detailed implementation plan and log frames while evaluating the relevance and appropriateness of the intervention.
- Identify technical and operational program supply needs and coordinate with logistics teams to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan.
- Prepare timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Ensure that activities are appropriately planned, that delays and constraints are documented, and solutions identified.
- Ensure programs are adequately resourced and oversee timely expenditure of approved budgets, ensuring appropriate spend and proper and effective use of program resources
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Make frequent visit to project sites to monitor and oversee project implementation and provide technical and managerial guidance/support identifying issues that need timely action and support at different levels.
- Work with the MEAL team to develop tools and ideas to ensure that the program is monitored against measurable and appropriate indicators.
- Ensure regular price monitoring and post distribution monitoring is carried out appropriately, and contributes to situation/response analysis, and any corresponding revision of program plans
- Support program assessments, evaluations and other reviews required in the program.
- Ensure that learning and good practice is gathered, documented and shared with the wider programme
People Management and development
- Strategically plan staffing needs to implement the program, supporting the timely recruitment, orientation, and training of new staff as required
- Technical management and supervision of program staff, working closely with the Field Managers to ensure that they have clear objectives and received meaningful feedback on their performance
- Identify development needs, prepare and deliver appropriate training plans, and support program staff to access other relevant training and development opportunities
Coordination and Representation
- Internal coordination with other SC program teams, particularly OFDA teams, to ensure effective program integration in the areas of intervention.
- Represent Save the Children and the FFP project in relevant coordination fora within the country and internationally as and when required.
- Maintain good working relationships with officials and other humanitarian actors, particularly those within the relevant government agencies (local and national authorities including technical departments, INGOs, NGOs, UN agencies.)
- Represent SC and maintain good working relationships among the international and local NGO community, among community leadership structures and community-based organizations, and with visiting donor and third-party monitoring teams and other key contacts. Keep abreast of NGO, government, and donor initiatives relevant to SC’s work.
- Represent SC and the program in USAID donor meetings and with representatives from USAID/FFP as required.
- Encourage teamwork, openness, and honesty among staff and between SC and its partners.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the relevant line manager.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Please use this link
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in YemeAll applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.