Ended EEF TOT Consultant
Job Title: Entrepreneurship, Employment, Financial (EEF) TOT Trainer
Department: Economic Recovery and Market Systems
Reports To: Economic Recovery and Market Systems Officer
Location: Aden, Yemen
Building upon our success in implementing the Yemen Early Recovery Support (YERS), and continued humanitarian assistance and early recovery needs of vulnerable and conflict-affected populations (IMPACT) Global Communities (GC) has designed the 18-month, Integrated Modalities to Promote Agricultural, Cash-for-Work, and Training in Yemen (IMPACT Yemen) program to address the urgent multi-sector humanitarian needs of 74,908 unique vulnerable, conflict-affected Yemenis in Sana’a, Ibb, Taiz, Dhamar, Aden, Lahj, and Dhale governorates. IMPACT will achieve this by:
- Objective 1: Improved household food security and livelihoods by restocking critical agricultural inputs including seeds, tools, inputs for composting, fodder and livestock;
- Objective 2: Increased household income for vulnerable households through market-driven vocational training, cash-for-work opportunities that simultaneously rebuild critical community infrastructure, and support to asset building groups.
- Objective 3: Improved access to safe water supplies, sanitation facilities, and improved hygiene practices in targeted communities.
Global Communities designed our Entrepreneurship, Employability and Financial Literacy (EEF) curriculum to provide participants with tools and resources to be able to successfully apply for jobs, including lists of sector related business, and will connect them with MFIs for possible loans. As part of our vocational training follow up plan, the ERMS officer will conduct follow up meetings/calls with students for three months following the end of vocational training and any apprenticeships they may participate in.
Entrepreneurship, Employment, Financial Literacy (EEF) TOT
Global Communities will conduct a new round of training-of-trainers in the field of Entrepreneurship, Employment, and Financial literacy (EEF TOT) in Aden governorate that will provide a cadre of approximately 40 individuals with the knowledge and skills in the field of entrepreneurship, employment and financial literacy in the targeted communities. EEF TOT will not only familiarize participants with relevant training content, but will also allow them to develop the requisite leadership and facilitation skills to conduct effective trainings in their communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Through IMPACT program, the trainer will offer TOT training-sufficient for a period of (7days) to (40) of the trainees in the field of (EEF) and will be trained in cooperation with vocational training institutes to strengthen the partnership, local sustainability and will train participants from the community. With a focus on youth, the trainer tasks will be the following:
- Leading the preparation of training materials entrepreneurship, employment, financial literacy(EEF) and develop a training manual for the trainees ( 3 days )
- Conduct basic training entrepreneurship, employment, and financial literacy (EEF) (theoretical and practical, 7 days )
- Conduct a pre and post-test for the trainees
- Submit hard and soft copies of the report after ( 2 days )
- Immediately report to Economic Recovery and Market Systems officer both verbally and in writing any irregularities observed.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in the related field
- Experience ( 2- 4 Years) in the domain of training
- Preferably has the experience in the same domain
- Excellent training skills
- Excellent in the foundations and methods of training
- Excellent training in the following subject:
- Financial literacy
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports in Arabic and in English.
- Demonstrated computer and typing skills, Word skills are essential.
- Native Arabic speaker; written and spoken English preferred.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the IMPACT program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and Educational history background.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 13 October, 2019 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.