Project Assistant (Migrant Services)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : PROJECT ASSISTANT (Migrant Services)
Organizational Unit : Protection (PROTECTION)
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : M 4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) MPH Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019/175
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Sunday 20, Oct 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (Migrant Assistance) and the direct supervision of Programme Assistant (Migrant Assistance) to support the coordination of onsite migrant services in line with IOM principles, protection principles and programming objectives. The individual will support the implementation of activities and activities of additional staff on site supporting logistics, deliver and monitoring of conditions of migrants and other vulnerable populations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of day to day activities of unit.
- Support the team in coordinating on site logistics, administration, and delivery of assistance of NFIs, hygiene materials, referrals (for medical support), and on-going services for migrants ensuring their safety, well-being and dignity is upheld at all times, as guided by the supervisors.
- In coordination with the Project Assistant (Migrant Assistance) support registration activities of migrants where voluntary humanitarian returns are being initiated in close collaboration with the Project Assistant (Migrant Assistance) in Sana’a
- Flag protection issues including persons with special needs or extreme vulnerabilities to allow tailored support where required.
- Provide weekly progress updates, prepare success stories, and provide inputs to donor reporting as required; send ad hoc situation analysis/activity reports whenever needed.
- Promote accountability to the beneficiaries; under the guidance of the Migrant Response Manager, put mechanisms in place to ensure transparency.
- Promote gender equality within the team and in the programme implementation under the guidance of the Project Assistant (Migrant Assistance).
- Perform any other tasks as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (B.S.c) in social science, business administration or other relevant discipline.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position, with good understanding of the socio-political context in Yemen
- Supervisory experience in a complex working environment;
- Understanding of standards and practices in migrant protection and assistance;
- Understanding of protection principles and experience in humanitarian emergency response;
- Prior professional experience with a humanitarian organization is required;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Good level of IT literacy (MS. Word & Excel).
Languages English and Arabic
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Sunday 22 Oct 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line CFCV2019.175 Sana’a, Project Assistant (Migrant Assistance Centre) M4
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 07. Oct.2019 to 20. Oct.2019