Ended Program Assistant
Position: Program Assistant
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till March 30, 2020 renewable based on fund availability and performance
Relief International (www.ri.org) is a leading humanitarian relief and development organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the frontlines, RI focuses on bridging the gap between immediate relief and long term community development. RI works in more than 21 countries across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for providing overall administrative & operational assistance for the projects implementation and management and day-to-day liaison with counterparts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Raise Purchase Requests and prepare payment requests and follow-up on their approval by liaising with Finance and operation Departments.
- Place, follow up and expedite documents of the projects supplies; verify the receipt of supplies.
- Maintain and update the (PR) Purchase Request tracker and other trackers as requested by the project needs.
- Prepare and follow up the travel permits for project teams.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements/booking the meetings, workshops, trainings, visits and other events if support to responsible project team members is needed.
- Prepare coordination meetings and workshops materials.
- Draft agendas, prepare correspondence, take minutes at coordination and project management level meetings workshops and maintain attendance sheets.
- Make all arrangements for weekly movement plans.
- Timesheet collection of the casual and nominated staff along with verification, review of documentation and payment preparation for casual staff and other volunteer staff based on the PRs and service agreements – following up on payment sheets and processes.
- Ensure compliance with RI administrative standards, policies, organizational procedures and relevant SOPs, as well as with local laws and regulations.
- Type and prepare correspondence and letters both English and Arabic languages, sending faxes and scan.
- Archive, organize and maintain the program filing system based on the RI Filing System.
- Translate documents from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Perform any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business administration or any related fields.
- At least two years’ work experience with an International NGO.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight October 11, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted