The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type : Open Ended.
Duty Station : ADEN
Pharmacist 1 implements the good distribution practices (GDPs) under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Pharmacist.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the GDPs are implemented and that health-care products are handled properly so that they remain safe and effective.
- Ensures that standard operating procedures (SOPs) are implemented.
- Trains warehouse staff on the GDPs where necessary.
- Identifies potential in-country suppliers for pharmaceutical and other health-care products.
- Is the legal representative of the ICRC's pharmaceutical services to national drug regulatory authorities.
- Acts as the technical contact person for ad-hoc in-country purchases of health care products, under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Pharmacist.
- Performs quality control upon receiving health-care products where necessary.
Scope & Impact
- Geographical remit: local.
- Internally, interacts with the whole logistics, the Quality Assurance Pharmacist and staff in the Health Unit and Economic Security Unit.
- Externally, interacts with suppliers and the national drug regulatory authority. .
- Pharmacy degree (Bachelors level).
- Good command (spoken and written) English or French.
- Computer proficiency, including with Microsoft Excel.
Professional Experience Required
- 3 years’ experience working at a pharmaceutical company.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
indicating in the subject line: Pharmacist 1
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 20.10.2019