Ended WASH Engineering Assistant
Position: WASH Engineering Assistant
Reports to: WASH Engineering Officer
Duration: 12 Months (Till November 30, 2020 renewable based on fund availability and performance)
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the frontlines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Reporting to WASH Engineering Officer, the WASH Engineering Assistant will assist in the implementation of water and sanitation activities of the USAID WASH Project in the governorate. This position is responsible for the day to day activity implementation of the project.
- Setting up and Following up WASH engineering activities such as:
- Technical assessment of WASH interventions specially wells & boreholes rehabilitation, piped network systems rehabilitation, water reservoirs rehabilitation, Health Facilities rehabilitation, and any other interventions.
- Assist in preparing drawing/design/BoQs of all WASH interventions.
- Guide and train water committee on how to maintain, operate and manage their project in an effective and sustainable manner.
- Assist WASH Engineer officer in documenting project papers in an organized way.
- Assist WASH Engineer officer in Supervision on all WASH interventions.
- Weekly collection and reporting of necessary data for the consolidation of project and strategic standard indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed…).
- Weekly (or each time necessary) written and oral report for line manager.
- Define relevant solutions to the site-supervisors.
- Share information with stakeholders.
- As required, support emergency planning processes and response in regards to WASH.
- Work with WASH Engineer officer to draw up works such as tender documents and provide technical support to Logistic team.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and humanitarian principles.
- Work with other team members (WASH and non-WASH) working in the same communities, to ensure the integration and complementarity of the different intervention sector.
- Perform any other work-related activities as agreed with your line management.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering.
- Excellent inter – personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross - cultural)
- Ability to supervise to achieve results
- Experience at preparing various engineering reports.
- Strong understanding of water, sanitation and hygiene situation in the community
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene promotion
- Good computer skills (MS Office). AutoCAD knowledge is an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community and colleagues.
- Experience in working in the field and in insecure environments.
- Commitment to the aims and Humanitarian principles with respect and dignity, while working towards serving beneficiaries and vulnerable populations
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Good planning organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to write reports in both English and Arabic language professionally.
- Be a team player and ready to collaborate with others in a positive manner.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight October 13, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted