Ended HR& Admin Assistant
Position: HR& Admin Assistant
Reports to: Office Coordinator
Duration: Till Nov 30, 2020
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, non-profit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The HR and Admin Assistant (HAA) will work in the field office Shabwa and will report administratively to the Office Coordinator and technically to the Senior HR & Admin Officer at the Area office Aden. HAA’s prime responsibility is to implement, improve and maintain human resource and administrative policies, systems, structures, and procedures as well as ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the sub-office HR and administrative affairs in Shabwa.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper documentation of all RI staff based on Human Resources Filing Guidance.
- Audit the HR documents and communicate with the related department to complete them.
- Provide a monthly/regular report to management on current archive repository, compliance with retention policies and missing documents.
- Ensure updated RI Staff Separation Form and Contact Form as well.
- Re-establish a proper data base archiving for all documents and scan all needed document.
- Help in office Filling/Copying as and when required.
- Maintain confidentiality and safety of all personnel and recruitment documents.
- Work as an effective member of the HR team, supporting and assisting colleagues and management when necessary.
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are having all supporting docs, submitted and filed on time. Ensure that leave tracking sheet is well followed up.
- Schedule and organize interviews. Participate in applicant interviews when requested. Conduct Reference and Security Checks on possible candidates. Inform unsuccessful/successful applicants.
- File the interview records and application forms of non-selected candidates for future reference.
- Timesheet collection and delivery
- Creating RI Yemen Contact list.
- Assist in follow up on casual recruitment requests; make sure all requests have appropriate job description and have all supporting documents, publish posts online, and prepare contracts as well.
- Manages and supervise office and guesthouse cleaners. Follow-up on the guesthouse and office regarding maintenance and any other.
- Following up on RI utilities rent, municipality bills, electricity, generator fees, phone bills, internet, cleaning services, water etc.
- Purchase and documentation of field-office communication
- Arrange accommodation and hosting of visiting of RI national/international staff and visitors/guests.
- Keeping track of field-office inventory list and maintain the supplies inventory of all Programs locations by checking the stock to determine the inventory level.
- Place and expedite orders for office supplies, verify the receipt of supplies
- Monitoring/supervision/maintenance of RI properties (laptops, printers, electronics, cars etc.)
- Conduct local purchases within the thresholds for petty cash procurement allowed by RI policy
- Be responsible for the logistical arrangements/booking of meetings, workshops and other events
- Prepare meetings and workshops materials
- Draft agendas, take minutes at meetings and workshops and maintain attendance sheets
- Type correspondence, reports and other documents
- Payment preparation for casual workers and other volunteer staff within PR’s and service agreement
- All administrative tasks should be carried out by ensuring compliance with RI administrative standards and with local laws and regulations
- Type letters both English and Arabic languages, sending faxes and scan.
- Organize and maintain the office filing system based on the RI Filing System.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University or Diploma certificate.
- At least 1year experience of working in office management, HR & Admin Dept., secretary or related post.
- Proficiency in English language and good communication skills.
- Knowledge of local labor law is an advantage.
- Computer literate in MS Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Organizational & Interpersonal Skills.
- Can work well under minimum supervision.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application, the dead line for receiving the application Oct 16, 2019.Kindly indicate the Position and location in the subject. Application without clear subject will be excluded.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted