Ended IT & Asset Assistant
Position: IT& Asset Assistant
Reports to: Office Coordinator
Duration: Till Nov 30, 2020
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, non-profit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The IT & Asset Assistant will serve as the key contact person in the Shabwa field-office for to provide IT relevant technical support to staff in field office. In addition, will be responsible for monitoring, recording, maintenance and distribution of all assets and equipment including all computer/electronic items. IT & Asset Assistant serves the purpose to inform the office of any significant technological problems and assists as needed, to seek immediate repair.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Test and evaluate new software programs and technology.
- Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance updates.
- Repair IT/Printer equipment and replace parts.
- Manage stocks of IT equipment and supplies.
- Deal with third-party suppliers/providers whom specialized in IT.
- Install and configure hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks to ensure optimum performance.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of shrink-wrap applications (i.e. MS Office) in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and support best practices.
- Participate in projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of help desk service.
- Assist in special project-related issues as needed.
- Improve the IT system and implement and develop security system in the office as per RI policy and as per required.
- Ensure that the RI Yemen server is properly functioning.
- Held a pack up system for all RI files and documents.
- Insure Internet service is provided for both Office and Guest house with proper secure accessibility.
- Any other duties as directed by the line supervisor/management.
- Maintain the data entry for a centralized asset register; ensure that all office and program assets are logged. For all assets maintain tracking system and ensure all assets are issued with unique RI asset number, ID tag and are tracked.
- Effectively manage assets and property; asset list is updated regularly and assets are disposed of according to RI and/or donor regulations.
- Initiate and oversee the annual year end (and bi-annual) physical asset checks are completed; damage and losses are reported immediately. Check and refresh of identification labels affixed to material necessary.
- Report any inappropriate use of RI asset, damage or loss of asset.
- Ensure appropriate documentation in place to record transfer of responsibility of asset and keep track of all current equipment holders.
- Support HR to ensure all RI assets and equipment have been returned in good condition by all staff departing the organization.
- Work with procurement team to enable smooth process and immediate notification when a new asset or equipment is purchased.
- Tagging and making GRN for new purchased fixed and non-fixed assets with coordination of warehouse staff.
- Maintain soft copy files and archiving system of all assets and equipment on box.
- Archive all documents relating to different Assets transactions (Goods receive note, transfer sheet, gift certificate, loss, theft etc.)
- Maintain inventory records deliveries, receiving, issuing, returning and keep up to date record of all RI assets.
- As instructed by Office Coordinator/Senior IT & Asset Assistant/Officer, follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls.
- Count and verify inventory list of each department on regular basis to make sure that inventory list and physical count result are accurate.
- Arrange and organize assets in main store and other site stores with coordination of logistic officer.
- Report any discrepancy and illegal issues to Office / Senior IT & Asset Assistant/Officer at AO.
- Weekly and monthly update report of inventory (with damage and loss) to Office Coordinator / Senior IT & Asset Assistant/Officer at AO.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field required.
- 2 to 3 years of technical support experience. Additional experience in assets management/Inventory control work experience with an international/National humanitarian organization in Yemen.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, LAN, and WAN concepts, Server Hardware, Storage Hardware, Print Servers, Active Directory, HP Switches and backup software
- Experience in the use of PCs, operating systems, applications, network and communication technologies and cloud technology
- Knowledge of SQL database is a plus
- Ability to perform duties with the Windows OS up to Windows 8 and Server 2012
- Exceptional customer service skills consisting of verbal and written communication with users of diverse disciplines and levels of authority
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong individual work ethic possessing the ability to work within a team Highly driven, self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as contribute to a team environment
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, Good communication and organizational skills, ability to work under pressure in a team-oriented environment and work with all levels.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application, the dead line for receiving the application Oct 16, 2019.Kindly indicate the Position and location in the subject. Application without clear subject will be excluded.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted