Ended HR Assistant
Position: HR Assistant
Reports to: HR Officer
Duration: Till October 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Perform administrative work, including scheduling, maintaining files and. Assist HR Officer with the hiring process, including submitting job postings online and scheduling candidate interviews. Track and update hourly employee leaves of absence
The “HR Assistant” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Maintains a user-friendly HR filing system based on ADRA filing system.
- Opens an independent file for every employee and keeps it updated by keeping track of address changes, changes in job titles, and personal benefits and trainings.
- Conducts human resources policy trainings.
- Maintains the proper recruitment procedure whenever recruitment is needed and have separate file for each recruitment process.
- Ensures that all staff members are aware of the Human resource policy and its procedures.
- Ensures HR information systems, processes and filling procedures are maintained and developed.
- Fills Human Resource Applications and Requests.
- Submits staff requisition to the direct supervisor.
- Prepares Internship and service contracts and submit them to the HR Manager for approval.
- Fills employees’ monthly time sheets and submit the signed ones to the HR Manager.
- Maintains records of staff leaves.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor / Diploma degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum One year of direct experience in Human Resources positions, preferably in humanitarian NGOs.
- Excellent English and Arabic Languages (Writing and speaking) are required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday, October 13, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.