Ended Finance Assistant
Position: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Officer
Duration: Till October 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Finance Assistant will support all accounting processes related to the project on a daily basis. He/She will ensure that proper financial and programmatic documentation related to expenditures is submitted and filed
The Finance Assistant will be responsible but not limited to:
- Ensure that payment vouchers and payment requests are accurate and properly signed.
- Fill in checks according to the information provided in the payment vouchers and payment requests.
- Must verify signatures and accuracy of checks before giving them to Accountants to be posted.
- Pay and release money to suppliers and staff members according to the Cash Advance system established in ADRA Yemen Finance Policies Manual.
- Keeping records of cash and other details involved in Cash Advances transactions.
- Balancing currency, coins, and checks in cash drawers at end of day.
- Keep currency, coins and check books in a locked safe whenever he/she leaves the cashier office.
- Deposit, cash checks, withdraws and transfers cash/checks in the bank for projects and Administration.
- Collects bank statements on monthly basis for all projects and administration or whenever requested by the supervisor.
- Fill in and submit Petty Cash Replenishment form to approval by the Finance Director according to the procedures in ADRA Yemen Finance Policies manual.
- Makes photocopies of all checks
- Forwards all the payment vouchers, bills, invoices and documents after they are handed over or settled to the accountants in sequential order and appropriate time.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor / Diploma degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar discipline.
- Minimum One year of direct experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Excellent English and Arabic Languages (Writing and speaking) are required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday, October 13, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.