Ended CCCM Protection Monitor (10)
CCCM Protection Monitor (10)
Duration: 3 Months
Dead line :14/10/2019
Reference code : CCCM Ass# 19 CCCM -UNHCR
About YARD foundation:
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development foundation -(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair for relief and development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation that was established in 2013, It is mainly working in field of Education, Wash & Sanitation, Food Security, Nutrition, Health, Protection, Shelter and social empowerment in all the Governorates of Yemen. We are seeking a national, highly qualified individual, to fill in The Civil Engineer position to lead the foundation and implement its vision and strategy
The aim from the job
Aim: The Protection Monitor is responsible for ensuring YARD’s protection mandate is being considered and mainstreamed within all YARD project and programs. Under the supervision of CCCM Officer, the protection capacity of YARD staff, partners, community organizations, volunteers and other stakeholder will be executed in accordance with the organizational mandate, priorities, and donor agreement.
Functions and duties of job :
- Coordinate with YARD colleagues to ensure key protection elements, standards and mandates are being considered and implemented throughout the project management cycle in the respective sector,
- Identify, refer, and follow up for individuals, families, communities with protection concerns and needs
- Ensure linkages between the protection team and the respective sector
- Contribute to the identification and reduction of vulnerabilities and/or exposure to threats, thereby creating a safer, more protective environment to the populations of concern,
- Develop/compile training packages on selected Protection and Protection project related topics,
- Provide trainings utilizing developed training packages and other materials to YARD staff, community groups, and stakeholders, in coordination with the CCCM Officer,
- Facilitate trainings related to protection mainstreaming, as well as general protection principles to YARD’s partners and internal staff,
- Coordinate the provision of trainings with respective staff (sector staff, HR, Logistics, Finance, M&E) and CCCM Officer,
- Monitor application of skills gained in trainings by staff, partner organizations, community groups, and stakeholders,
- Produce monthly reports on the progression of protection mainstreaming in all YARD programmes,
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with colleagues and relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CCCM Officer
- Conduct duties in accordance with YARD Yemen programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with YARD Code of Conduct
- Ensure transparency and YARD’s positive regard and reputation within communities.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- University degree in law, human rights, refugee studies, social sciences or other related discipline;
- Relevant professional experience of three (3) years, preferably in emergency and/or development context;
- Prior experience or familiarity with YARD and/or persons of concern (including internally displaced persons and refugees-returnees) would be a distinct advantage;
- Prior experience or familiarity with NGO sector would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of international protection and human rights legal standards
- Knowledge, skills and experience in community development and mobilization.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent spoken and written English/Arabic and relevant computer skills.
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
skills and languages:
The proposed employment conditions are based on YARD policy and Yemeni labor law. The selected candidate shall perform his/her duties in compliance with the YARD Code of Conduct and procedures at all times
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with a cover letter to
with the job title as the email subject. The code reference must be indicated in the email.