Area Procurement Assistant
Vacancy Announcement – Area Procurement Assistant
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Procurement Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
- Receives OFs for local purchases from the concerned requester after authorization.
- For ready-signed Framework agreement, to issue purchase orders (PO) and send to capital office if needed for approvals
- Requests price quotations from various suppliers for preparation.
- Submits selection for approval according to the financial rules of the Delegation to the Purchaser.
- Assists the Logistician in charge,
- Procures the requested items in the shortest possible lead-time and against the most advantageous cost whilst taking into account that quality of the goods must remain within ACTED standards.
- Register official suppliers on the suppliers’ database
- Ensures follow up of the purchasing process until delivery of the goods and ensures official handover of items against signature of receipt.
- Understands and fully adheres to ACTED purchasing procedures and financial rules and uses these to ensure transparent and accountable purchasing activities.
- Maintaining of adequate supplier pool within the assigned field of work.
- Strong participation in developing coherent purchasing strategies and implementing these within the guidelines of ACTED purchasing rules.
- Handles petty cash purchases upon requests.
- Provide any support for the good functioning of ACTED Logistics department whenever requested by ACTED Management.
Delivery Follow up
- To ensure all procurement has been followed by delivery follow up (waybills, reception vouchers and packing list).
- To follow with field to send the signed waybill, reception vouchers and packing list after delivery immediately.
- To attach and file each delivery forms (waybill, reception voucher and packing list) with each relevant purchase documents in designated folder.
- To ensure the received quantity in the waybill(s) corresponds with the purchase documents and Order Form (OF)
- To create and update regularly the procurement folders for each ongoing program based on purchase scenarios (e.g. 1 folder for all Scenario A and B and one folder for all Scenario C, D and E)
- To create and weekly update the Order form follow up folders (open order form to be placed in this folder)
- To update the procurement folders regularly and ensure that all procurement documents are collected with high attention on transparency and ACTED FLAT guidelines
- To provide all scenario A, B, C, D and E purchase documents original copies to FLAT focal point immediately after signing the contract with selected supplier(s)
- To provide delivery documents for Scenario “A, B, C” delivery follow ups, waybills, reception vouchers or packing list) for each delivered contract to FLAT focal point immediately after delivery completion
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- University Education in a related discipline
- Minimum 1-year work experience in a similar field with good knowledge of the local market
- Fluent or comfortable working in spoken and written English
- Excellent Computer Skills and Microsoft Offices.
- Excellent in calculations skills
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain activities
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Self- motivated and able to work as a part of a team.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail:
Procurement Assistant - Aden and rename your CV as First & Last name + Procurement Assistant.
- The closing date for applications is Monday, 21 October 2019.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification