Ended Accountant Assistant -SMC & Site ID Project
Job Title: Accountant Assistant -SMC & Site ID Project
Location: Hajjah & Al Hudaydah
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2019, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability
Date of Issue: 08 October 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 15 October 2019
Jeel Al-Bena is a National Humanitarian Non-Governmental Association. Optimistically, Jeel Al Bena was emerged in wake of Humanitarian crises to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and assistance to people caught up in extraordinary, life-threatening situations and actively providing assistance whenever needed. Jeel Al Bena has been present in Hajjah & Al Hudaydah. with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and of working towards durable solutions upon return, Jeel Al Bena strives to have a presence in refugee/IDP producing areas and communities as well as in IDP receiving and hosting areas and communities.
Description of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recording and all technical related works which belongs to Jeel Al Bena society accounting financial system.
- Ensure that the financial management systems are updated, functional, timely, correct and strictly followed.
- Responsible for development and management of contracts and payments.
- Responsible for clearing all main office and branches advances.
- Support HR and logistical activities according to JAAHD’s guidelines.
- Undertake regular visits to the programmes branches to monitor and support the implementation of financial systems.
- Management and supervision of payments, consultancy fees, per diems etc.
- Check invoices, activity and account coding and correct preparation of vouchers before recording in the system.
- Actively plan and implement a financial capacity building plan for all JAAHD branches accountants.
- Supervise monthly bank reconciliation.
- Ensure effective filing system and maintenance of asset and inventory lists.
- Maintain office equipment and ensure regular service checks and repairs.
- Participate in periodic reviews, audits and evaluations, when requested.
- Ensure that HR and finance coordinator is well informed about all financial aspects at all times.
- Preparing all Tax and social security forms and insure all programs contribution paid on time.
- A post graduate degree in Finance or similar knowledge learned.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience with international accounting procedures Extensive experience of accounting software.
- Extensive experience of using Yemen soft & Quick-Box accounting softwares.
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-technical audience.
- Extensive experience of Yemen Tax and Social Insurance low.
- Excellent typing skills both Arabic and English.
Knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrated ability of analyzing and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability of working in a multicultural environment.
- Proven skills of working as part of a team and as a team leader.
- Willingness to travel very frequently to JAAHD branches.
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spread sheets, word-processing).
- Skills in capacity building and organizational development.
- Skills in training and developing staff.
- Fluently spoken and written Arabic
- Very good spoken and written English
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV with a Cover Letter in English to: email@example.com
- The email subject line should clearly indicate (Last Name, Title of the position) and rename your CV as First & Last name + Accountant Assistant -SMC & Site ID Project.
- The closing date for applications is on Wednesday, 15 Oct 2019.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.