Ended Accountant Clerk & Cashier - SMC & Site ID Project
Job Title: Accountant Clerk & Cashier - SMC & Site ID Projec
Location: Hajjah & Al Hudaydah
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2019, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability
Date of Issue: 08 October 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 15 October 2019
Jeel Al-Bena is a National Humanitarian Non-Governmental Association. Optimistically, Jeel Al Bena was emerged in wake of Humanitarian crises to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and assistance to people caught up in extraordinary, life-threatening situations and actively providing assistance whenever needed. Jeel Al Bena has been present in Hajjah & Al Hudaydah. with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and of working towards durable solutions upon return, Jeel Al Bena strives to have a presence in refugee/IDP producing areas and communities as well as in IDP receiving and hosting areas and communities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vouchers & Cashbook: Check & file vouchers and register vouchers in the cashbook and in Excel sheets;
- Payments: process payments for items and services previously approved by the Finance Manager and executive Director;
- Safe & Cashbook: at the end of each day, check the cashbook and the safe and verify that balances match;
- Track bank transactions and perform cross-check with the bankbooks/Excel sheets;
- Money Exchange Dealing: whenever needed, change money for the cashbooks and register the operation in the cashbook and Excel sheets;
- Money Transfer Dealing: register and exchange voucher references between Main Office and areas.
- Monitor the level of cash in the safe according to the internal controls set by JAAHD.
At the end of each month, check the balance in the cashbook and in the safe, establish the cash checking statement and have it signed by the cashier and Executive Director, weekly check to be done with the finance officer/Executive Director.
- Bankbook: Bankbook and QuickBooks should be checked before closing the accounting month along with the bank statement from the bank and a bank reconciliation to be prepared;
- Vouchers: quality of vouchers should be checked by the Cashier at the end of each month and filled out adequately;
- Cashbook: Cashbook and QuickBooks should be checked before closing the accounting month;
- Advances: ensure all staff advances are cleared before paying salaries.
- Update the monthly accounting files and prepare it for validation and to be sent to the HOF on time and that it’s filled out correctly in file.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Education: Diploma/Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or another relevant subject
- Minimum working experience: 2 Years in related field with NGOs
- proficiency in Excel functions and formulas
- Fluency in Arabic and good command of English are required
- Professional Computer Knowledge
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff across all the Foundation’s departments is key to the position.
- Applicants should have the capacity to work efficiently under pressure and to manage a heavy workload.
- Ability in time-sensitive prioritization
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and/or other Financial Tools of advantage
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV with a Cover Letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email subject line should clearly indicate (Last Name, Title of the position) and rename your CV as First & Last name +( Accountant Clerk & Cashier - SMC & Site ID Project).
- The closing date for applications is on Wednesday, 15 Oct 2019.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.