Ended Data Entry (2)– SMC & Site ID Project
Job Title: Data Entry (2) – SMC & Site ID Project
Location: Hajjah & Al Hudaydah
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2019, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability
Date of Issue: 08 October 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 15 October 2019
Jeel Al-Bena is a National Humanitarian Non-Governmental Association. Optimistically, Jeel Al Bena was emerged in wake of Humanitarian crises to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and assistance to people caught up in extraordinary, life-threatening situations and actively providing assistance whenever needed. Jeel Al Bena has been present in Hajjah & Al Hudaydah. with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and of working towards durable solutions upon return, Jeel Al Bena strives to have a presence in refugee/IDP producing areas and communities as well as in IDP receiving and hosting areas and communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing data bases properly based on the needed information and preparing and sorting documents for data entry.
- Collecting reports /data from field through physical visits and remote communication.
- Participate in entry of baseline, midline, end-line, and PDM surveys as required.
- Creating data backups as part of a contingency plan.
- Transfer information that is on paper to data sheet by inputting numeric information into database to save as electronic file for storage and analyze.
- Day to day entry of activities statistics and data.
- Check screening results before entering them into the tracking sheets.
- Responding to information requests and provide basic data analysis and findings on a weekly and monthly basis to authorized staff.
- Support an on-going process of beneficiary verification.
- Enter Data using (KoboCollect, ONA, ODK) data collection tools and manage databases.
- Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks.
- Archive files and organize them properly, ensure files are documented according to standards.
- Assist in the development of databases & formatting documents if needed.
- Scan documents and print files when required.
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentially and not to disclose any information acquire by performing her/his duties.
- Comply with JAAHD policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Other duties as assigned by line supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in information management or any other related field.
- Experience working within NGOs is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Experience in data collection tools (KoboCollect – ODK – ONA) is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management.
- Oral and written English skills is preferred.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV with a Cover Letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email subject line should clearly indicate (Last Name, Title of the position) and rename your CV as First & Last name + Data Entry – SMC & Site ID Project.
- The closing date for applications is on Wednesday, 15 Oct 2019.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.