Ended Information Management Focal Points (5) -SMC & Site ID Projects
Job Title: Information Management Focal Points (5) -SMC & Site ID Projects
Location: Hajjah & Al Hudaydah
Duration: Depending on project’s fund availability
Date of Issue: 08 October 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 15 October 2019
Jeel Al-Bena is a National Humanitarian Non-Governmental Association. Optimistically, Jeel Al Bena was emerged in wake of Humanitarian crises to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and assistance to people caught up in extraordinary, life-threatening situations and actively providing assistance whenever needed. Jeel Al Bena has been present in Hajjah & Al Hudaydah. with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and of working towards durable solutions upon return, Jeel Al Bena strives to have a presence in refugee/IDP producing areas and communities as well as in IDP receiving and hosting areas and communities.
Data quality and management
- Support SMC teams’ day-to-day management of data and processes, ensuring consistency and quality of data from regular information collection (e.g. partner reporting, service mapping, service indicator monitoring/site monitoring)
- Compile data received from field teams, conducting data cleaning as necessary
- Update and maintain databases
- Collaborate with Project Manager, CCCM Officer and field teams to design and improve tools and processes for regular and periodic IM activities, as needed
- Build tools using ODK/Kobo, or on paper forms, as required
Analysis, reporting, and communication
- Conduct analysis on data as needed, and work with Project Manager and SMC field teams to ensure information is used inform programming
- Produce regular outputs and reports for programs teams and submit regular reporting to the Shelter/NFI/CCCM Cluster and/or the donor
- Design and produce products for internal and external use
- Ensure mechanisms are in place for information flow back to residents of the sites (e.g. through accessible information products, verbal communication from SMC teams)
- Ensure regular and consistent data flow from Programs teams to relevant Department, according to the processes in place.
Accountability and IM support
- Provide support to JAAHD WASH and Shelter/Infrastructure teams working in the IDP sites alongside the SMC teams, as necessary. This might include support to build assessment or monitoring tools in ODK/Kobo, clean and maintain databases, or ensure IM processes are in place for regular monitoring of site infrastructure
Quality & Capacity-Building
- Conduct capacity-building of SMC teams in data collection and data management, as needed
- Ensure data confidentiality protocols are in place, and all staff are trained
- Ensure collection of sex and age disaggregated data
- Organize translation of information by SMC teams, or conduct translation, as needed
- Any additional task as requested.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- University degree in a relevant subject is preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience in an information management role
- At least 1 years’ experience in an NGO is preferred
- Proficient in use of ODK/Kobo for mobile data collection
- Excellent IM software skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Experience in GIS is beneficial
- Excellent team-working and communication skills;
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic skills;
- Good capacity to plan, prioritize, and multi-task;
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including SMC, Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is beneficial
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV with a Cover Letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email subject line should clearly indicate (Last Name, Title of the position) and rename your CV as First & Last name + Information Management Focal Points (5) -SMC & Site ID Projects.
- The closing date for applications is on Wednesday, 15 Oct 2019.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.