Ended SMC Community Mobilizers (22)
Job Title: SMC Community Mobilizers (22)
Location: Hajjah ( Abs & Kuaydinah) , Al Hudaydah ( Alluhayah & Al Qanawis)
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2019, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability
Date of Issue: 08 October 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 15 October 2019
Jeel Al-Bena is a National Humanitarian Non-Governmental Association. Optimistically, Jeel Al Bena was emerged in wake of Humanitarian crises to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and assistance to people caught up in extraordinary, life-threatening situations and actively providing assistance whenever needed. Jeel Al Bena has been present in Hajjah & Al Hudaydah. with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and of working towards durable solutions upon return, Jeel Al Bena strives to have a presence in refugee/IDP producing areas and communities as well as in IDP receiving and hosting areas and communities.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the other SMC management staff, conduct site risk assessments and safety audits to ensure the safety of the staff and IDPs Hosting Sites population, ensuring staff are fully aware and equipped to conduct their work safely.
- Monitor multi-sector needs and service provision and the overall condition of the IDP Hosting Site(s)including shelter, WASH, environment and cross-cutting services and apply a participatory approach to identify, analyze and prioritize the site needs in order to avoid service duplication and gaps.
- In collaboration with other staff members develop joint site risk management plans to promote the health, safety and environment of the IDP Hosting Site(s)
- Support the technical implementation of maintenance by the staff, covering safe site design or layout, repairs and risk reduction, the upkeep of shelter, WASH, electrical systems, other site facilities and utilities and the general environment.
- Mobilize, train, organize and equip IDP Hosting Site(s) population to take part in safely maintaining the site according the risk management plan.
- Ensure clarification of roles and responsibilities among population with a focus on sustainability
- Account for and maintain all equipment and supplies that are required for technical assistance as part of site management plans.
- Assist in the development of effective referral mechanisms in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders. Carry out, monitor and follow up on referrals.
- Engage IDP Hosting Site(s) population in participatory approaches to identify, analyze and prioritize site needs in order to avoid service duplication and gaps in assistance and protection.
- Liaise on a daily basis with community leaders to gather feedback on the appropriateness of WASH/Shelter activities and to document suggestions based on the community needs.
- Work closely with Community Committees and build their capacity in representing the needs and interests of the community.
- Arrange for the initial community Mobilization for the targeted community and form project Community committees to participate in the beneficiary’s registration and verification.
- Support communities to develop new strategies to meet their needs and other cross cutting issues like protection, health and gender issues among other community issues.
- Participate in relevant external and internal project evaluations and/or needs assessments.
- Report on project implementation progress; share successes and challenges to proactively find solutions to problems and contribute to coordination with other organizations implementing relevant activities at field level.
- Provide the primary raw information for the documentation of lessons learned and success stories on the project.
- Support gender mainstreaming into all aspects of project to ensure programming benefits all vulnerable community members.
- The Community Mobilizers will also take on any other duties as assigned by either the SMC Manager or Other ranking JAAHD Official in line with role.
- Work directly with the IDP Hosting Site(s) population(s) to establish, strengthen and monitor an effective, transparent, representative site governance system including coordination of site service provision and other defined activities.
- Facilitate the mobilization and participation of the IDP Hosting Site(s) population(s) in the Site governance system with particular emphasis on meaningful inclusion of women, children, elderly and persons with specific needs into decision-making processes.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- Secondary education or equivalent.
- Possess ability to remain calm and professional when working under pressure.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Experience in carrying out participatory fieldwork, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience in conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and beneficiary selection processes.
- Ability to work under time pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Can work with different community groups-women, youth, elderly without feeling intimidated.
- Has a very good command of Arabic and is able to speak and communicate in all audiences (women, men and youth).
- Some knowledge of English.
- practical experience in community engagement and working with different community groups or work as a field monitor.
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is of benefit;
- Experience in SMC or Protection programming is of benefit.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV with a Cover Letter in English to: email@example.com
- The email subject line should clearly indicate (Last Name, Title of the position) and rename your CV as First & Last name + SMC Community Mobilizers.
- The closing date for applications is on Wednesday, 15 Oct 2019.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.