Ended Field Officer (3)
Position: Field Officer
Reports to: Senior Field Officer
Duration: Till December 31, 2019, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Finance Assistant will support all accounting processes related to the project on a daily basis. He/She will ensure that proper financial and programmatic documentation related to expenditures is submitted and filed
The “Field Officer” will be responsible but not limited to:
•Participate in the development of programs, activities and plans of the working team.
•Follow-up the situations and keep abreast of its updates in the field activities through Daily visits
•Prepare a Daily and weekly reports of all activities implemented.
•Supervise the volunteer's team and providing them with the information that helps them in their field of work (awareness, reports, plans, Forms).
•Visit the fields to supervise the progress of activities.
•Participate in the field survey process and determining the targeted areas.
•Ensure and verify beneficiaries’ data; conduct verification assessment as required
•Participate in planning and preparation of activities and workshops.
•Follow-up and supervising Hygiene kits distribution, livelihood activities, Awarenesssession .
•Organize, plan and supervise community participation, etc.
•Provide training and capacity building for the community committees, project staff, volunteers or government workers who may be involved in the project implementation
•Monitor the implementation before, during and after each activity.
•Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that organization principles are respected and followed
•Cooperation and coordinating with local authorities and management to ensure access and validated work.
•Act as focal point for different project stakeholders.
•Any other related duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Minimum QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Working or equivalent
- Minimum two years experience in the same field.
- Languages: Arabic and English will be required.
- Personal qualities: self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional and understands and believes in humanitarian principles
- Committed, responsible and ability to learn
- Office Suite excel and Word
- Extremely flexible, and can cope with stressful situations
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Monday, October 14, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.