Ended Program Coordinator
Posting Title: Program Coordinator (National Program Coordinator)
Organization: Social Fund for Development
Location: Sana’a City
Employment Type: Full-Time
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Application closing Date: 19/10/2019
Background Information: CCT Program
The SFD’s Conditional Cash Transfers Program (CCT) in Nutrition designed to respond to the urgent needs of the poorest families affected by the ongoing conflict and stimulate demand for nutrition, maternity and child services to improve the nutritional status of malnourished children and women in targeted areas using a complementary and integrated approach which includes a promotion, protection and resilience building. Since October 2016 the CCT program was able to support 296K women and children, provided health education sessions, monthly cash transfer, short-term employment in social services in nutrition for young females and facilitated access to the nutrition services and treatment.
Social Fund for Development is looking for talented and passionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to the crisis with the right skills. In this regard, SFD is seeking for an experienced, ambitious, and self-motivated candidates, able to manage multitasking go-getter and work in the fast-paced environment and have high leadership and coordination skills for the position of National Program Coordinator
Under the overall guidance of the CCT Program and the direct supervision of the SFD Head of Health and social protection unit, and within assigned and delegated authority, the National Program Coordinator is responsible for the effective and efficient performance of SFD’s Conditional Cash Transfers Program (CCT) in Nutrition including the following duties:
- Providing guidance on the development and implementation of the program activities in alignment with SFD overall strategies and policies and the program priorities and its operation manuals.
- Developing results-based Annual Work Plans that clearly set out the quarterly and output targets, indicators, activities, resource requirements, and budget;
- Supervising the technical rolling out of the program activities and ensuring the qualitative aspects of the program (Monitoring of objectives, progress against the targets, respecting due dates and budgetary provisions, and quality control) are properly implemented by the program teams.
- Coordinating the monitoring and assessment of the program activities at regular intervals and identifying risks and opportunities and suggesting mitigation measures as relevant and ensuring that performance indicators and targets remain relevant and in accordance with the program design, work plan and operation manuals.
- Collaborating with program team to develop and implement internal and external a communication strategy to ensure that program activities and results are well known and understood by a wide constituency.
- Monitoring on an ongoing basis all program expenditures and utilization of funds related to activities under operation manual and ensure compliance with SFD financial rules and regulations, initiate the program and/or budget revisions when required.
- Supervising and motivating direct staff, follow up their performance, providing mentoring, to ensure staff development and enable high performance.
- Organizing and facilitating regular meetings with program team at central and local levels and have interactive discussions online forums, etc. to ensure a common understanding of policies, standards and implementation mechanisms.
- Developing strong working relationships with all the partners and stakeholders, Ministry of Public Health and Population at Central and local levels on all elements necessary for successful implementation of the Project.
- Supporting coordination and integration between the program and the development and humanitarian partners at the HQ, governorate and district levels, to maximize the impact of the program results.
- Ensuring that information is efficiently communicated between the CCT program team and other support teams and a proper coordination and information sharing with other related national clusters
- Developing high-quality reports describing project results, challenges, lessons and beneficiary stories.
- Preparing and participating in partners review meetings of progress against targets and other related meetings.
- Participating in or supporting field missions including third party monitoring, external consultants and other parties.
SFD is looking for qualified Yemeni Nationals with the following attributes:
University degree (Master’s Degree is advantage) in business or public administration, sustainable development, social sciences, international relations, or related area
b. Professional Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in analytical and practical work in such areas as (a) Poverty alleviation Projects (b) Cash transfer programs, (C)Health /Nutrition programs
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in coordinating donor-funded international aid projects in Yemen;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with sustainable development and humanitarian assistances context
c. Skills and competencies
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- highly motivated and results oriented as well as work well under pressure.
- Strong computer skills: advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and partners in Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines; exceptional attention to detail.
- The ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment; aptitude for ongoing learning and adjusting to changes in processes as needed.
- Strong knowledge of national policies, strategies, and Projects for poverty reeducation
Interested candidates are requested to submit detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with ½ page motivational letter stating why you are best suited for the position and the position you are applying for as well as copies of relevant certificates/degrees no later than 19 October 2019.
Please send it by the link and website below.
- First register your profile at: SFD Recruitment System
- After creating your account, complete all section of your profile and submit.
- To further confirmation, send your CV to this email: email@example.com (Putting the job title as the email subject to be considered).
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations and guidelines of SFD.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview. Only short-listed eligible candidates will be contacted.