Monitoring and Reporting Officer
Post Title: Monitoring and Reporting Officer
Organization: Social Fund for Development
Location: Sana’a City
Employment Type: Full-Time
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Application closing Date: 19/10/2019
Background Information: CCT Program
The SFD’s Conditional Cash Transfers Program (CCT) in Nutrition designed to respond to the urgent needs of the poorest families affected by the ongoing conflict and stimulate demand for nutrition, maternity and child services to improve the nutritional status of malnourished children and women in targeted areas using a complementary and integrated approach which includes a promotion, protection and resilience building. Since October 2016 the CCT program was able to support 296K women and children, provided health education sessions, monthly cash transfer, short-term employment in social services in nutrition for young females and facilitated access to the nutrition services and treatment.
Social Fund for Development is looking for talented and passionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to the crisis with the right skills. In this regard, SFD is seeking to recruit a Monitoring and reporting professional to be part of its CCT program team.
Under the overall guidance of the CCT Program and the direct supervision of National Program Coordinator, the Monitoring and reporting officer is responsible for the effective and efficient performance of the following duties:
- Developing and implementing an M&E Plan, for all the program activities in accordance with the program result framework;
- Working with the IT staff to ensure that the system is capturing all the data needed for baseline and follow up reporting;
- Monitoring the timely data inputs from different branches and conducting verifications to ensure its quality;
- Conducting regular field visits to project sites and solicits beneficiaries' feedback, case studies, human stories and lessons learned for reporting purpose;
- Preparing ad-hoc and periodic analytical reports including quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports on the progress of activities using the data from the MIS, projects' files and field visits reports;
- Working with the IT person to develop and maintain a dashboard on the progress of the implementation;
- Providing the support and assistance to project officers at the branch offices to input the data in the system and writing of human stories;
- Ensuring timely and quality submission of reports as identified in the program agreement through coordinating inputs and drafting reports related to program activities;
Required education, skills and qualities
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, social sciences preferably with a focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or knowledge management, development studies or a related area.
b. Professional Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation and reporting in either national or international organizations is required
- Experience in producing evidence-based monitoring reports is required.
c. Skills and competencies
- Excellent reporting capacities both in English and Arabic
- Good computer knowledge on database software like MS Excel, SPSS, and GIS will be given priority.
- Good presentation skills and familiarity with the international organization reporting requirements.
- Ability to identify monitoring and evaluation related risks and opportunities and provide timely feedback to rectify/fill the gaps;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (spoken/written)
Interested candidates are requested to submit detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with ½ page motivational letter stating why you are best suited for the position and the position you are applying for as well as copies of relevant certificates/degrees no later than 19 October 2019.
Please send it by the link and website below.
- First register your profile at: SFD Recruitment System
- After creating your account, complete all section of your profile and submit.
- To further confirmation, send your CV to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Putting the job title as the email subject to be considered).
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations and guidelines of SFD.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview. Only short-listed eligible candidates will be contacted.