Posting Title: Finance Officer
Organization: Social Fund for Development
Location: Sana’a City
Employment Type: Full-Time
Posting Period: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
Application closing Date: 19/10/2019
Background Information: CCT Program
The SFD’s Conditional Cash Transfers Program (CCT) in Nutrition designed to respond to the urgent needs of the poorest families affected by the ongoing conflict and stimulate demand for nutrition, maternity and child services to improve the nutritional status of malnourished children and women in targeted areas using a complementary and integrated approach which includes a promotion, protection and resilience building. Since October 2016 the CCT program was able to support 296K women and children, provided health education sessions, monthly cash transfer, short-term employment in social services in nutrition for young females and facilitated access to the nutrition services and treatment.
Social Fund for Development is looking for talented and passionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to the crisis with the right skills. In this regard, SFD is seeking to recruit a highly analytical and qualified individual for Finance Officer to be part of its CCT program team.
Under the overall guidance of the CCT Program and the direct supervision of the National Program Coordinator, the Finance officer is responsible for the effective and efficient performance of the following duties:
- Developing and implementing plans for budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Day-to-day management of program financial transactions and procedures monitors, and analyses liquidity and cash flow requirements plan replenishment, and program overheads.
- Controlling performs timely and detailed monitoring of accounts, processes and risks in accordance with plans and schedules.
- Reviewing payment requests submitted by branch offices, and approval of the application for payment forms.
- Complete quarterly financial reports, lead quarter-end closing process and conduct quarter financial forecast.
- Evaluating the performance of the local financial program officer
- Ensuring financial records are kept up to date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Supervising branches and local staff in the maintenance of CCT program records, follow up the monthly payment to end beneficiaries
- Follow up the monthly advanced payment
- Matching the payment statements of the end beneficiaries with bank disbursement statements in each payment and ensuring there are no differences between them.
- Ensuring timely transactions from the central to the local sub- accounts.
- Reviewing replenishment requests and supporting documents and ensure that they are completed before they are submitted to the Financial Unit.
- Contributing to financial audits.
- Understanding and calculate risks involved in the financial activities of the program
- Liaise with banks and agency payment on related issues.
- Other tasks as directed by the Program coordination (whenever relevant).
Required education, skills and qualities
University Degree in in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration
b. Professional Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of position-relevant experience in financial accounting and reporting;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel) and SAP;
c. Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures, and systems.
- Outstanding analytical skills with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Good computer skills (proficiency with MS Office Excel in particular).
- Ability to draft and edit presentations documents and financial reports
- Self-confidence, driven, and tenacious.
- Fluency in Arabic is essential, and a good working knowledge of English is desirable.
Interested candidates are requested to submit detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with ½ page motivational letter stating why you are best suited for the position and the position you are applying for as well as copies of relevant certificates/degrees no later than 19 October 2019.
Please send it by the link and website below.
- First register your profile at: SFD Recruitment System
- After creating your account, complete all section of your profile and submit.
- To further confirmation, send your CV to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Putting the job title as the email subject to be considered).
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations and guidelines of SFD.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview. Only short-listed eligible candidates will be contacted.