Ended Nutrition Officer
Project name: Nutrition specific Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP) among children under 5 & pregnant and lactating women (PLW), & Prevention of acute malnutrition among children under 2 and PLW (BSFP).
Work based on: Aden with frequent field visits to the governorates (Lahj, Abyan, Shabwa, Al Dhalea and Hadramout)
Job title : Nutrition officer
Field medical foundation (FMF)
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio economic situation in Yemen since 2012.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and establishment of project goals, objectives, strategies, and results-based planning, through analysis of nutrition needs and areas for intervention.
- Prepare required documentations and materials to facilitate the project review and approval process.
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues, partners to discuss operational, and implementation issues.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Work closely with the project deputy to achieve project objectives and targets effectively and efficiently
- Conducting coordination meetings, advocacy meetings and awareness raising sessions at the community level.
- Preparing project weekly and monthly work plans.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly technical reports.
- Collect and compile project data regularly, including case studies, success stories and photographs of facilities.
- Ensure program targets are met using indicator / activity tracking table
- Ensure the quality of data through proper entry, cleaning and regular checking and use the data for action on the site
- Ensure diagnosis and treatment of patients is based on standard procedures (national and international guidelines)
- Ensure the community based activities such as nutrition screening, health education and defaulter tracing are done properly
- Build the capacity of the project staffs through proper coaching and training
- Conduct regular field visits and surveys to provide technical support. Take appropriate action to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Take any responsibility given by project manager.
Required Skills and Experience:
- University Degree preferably in medical field.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proven skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Kindly mention the job title in the Subject field.