Programme Assistant (M&E/CFM)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : PROGRAMME ASSISTANT (M&E/CFM)
Organizational Unit : Monitoring and Evaluation / PSU / PDPS
Duty Station : Al-Hudaydah, Yemen
IOM Classification : M 5 – MPH contract
Type of Appointment : MPH contract, 3 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : CFCV2019/180
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Tuesday 22, Oct 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office, in close coordination with the all programmatic focal points in the Sub Office, and technical guidance of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the successful candidate will assist with monitoring, data gathering and analysis, documentation, reporting, and community feedback mechanism (CFM) of IOM’s programme implemented by the sub office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of M&E activities at the project sites according to the programme goals and objectives, while elevating issues to the Head of Sub Office and the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for corrective measures.
- Assist with planning and monitoring of data collection and analysis activities; Ensure processes of M&E and CFM operations are performed and reported in a timely manner, within budgets and per calendar of activities.
- Go on regular field missions to gather data and provide technical assistance on reporting in relevant locations of implementation.
- Support the relevant units to document the process and activities of on-going projects such as capturing case stories for donor reports, website and newsletters based on M&E activities in the project sites.
- Coordinate the collection, storing, analysis, and sharing of the complaints and feedback data from sub-office field locations and generate regular reports.
- Support the process of answering, processing, and responding to complaints and guiding beneficiaries that seek help through IOM hotlines and other Community Feedback Mechanisms (CFMs).
- Follow up on complaints and feedback referrals with appropriate offices and sectors and support the CFM focal point in responding to raised pending issues.
- Support the entry of all complaints and feedback in the database and verify records are up to date to generate regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience Education
- University Degree from an accredited academic institution in Social Science/Public Relation/Economics/Development Studies/ International Relations or other relevant disciplines with three- year experience;
- School diploma five years of experience;
- Substantial experience in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans, preferably with monitoring of field activities.
- Operational experience in the field in IDP/refugee and migration related issues, including technical cooperation, project development and project/programme implementation and evaluation.
- Proven experience with M&E methods and approaches, planning and implementation of M&E systems, information/data collection, entry, analysis and report writing
- Strong coordination, negotiation, mobilizing and facilitation skills.
- Experience in liaising with partner organizations, national and international institutions an advantage.
- Familiarity with humanitarian assistance programming an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability and flexibility to travel frequently to required governorates.
- Good knowledge of UN, IOM and NGO mandates and programmes in the IDP humanitarian responses, post conflict construction and development.
- Familiarity with financial management and good level of computer literacy, including database applications.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
Languages English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com by Sunday 22 Oct 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line CFCV2019.180 Al-Hudaydah Programme Assistant (ME&CFM) M5
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 09.Oct.2019 to 22.Oct.2019