Ended Human Resources Manager
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. More information can be found at http://www.handicap-international.org
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Based in Hajjah, under the line management of Administrative manager support, the Human Resources Manager is ensuring that all the Human Resources processes, policies and deadlines are handled in Hajjah base according to Handicap International standards and Yemeni legal context, handling the relationship with Yemen administrative bodies and guarantying the confidentiality of all HR data and information, following the HI Sanaa coordination guidance.
Line manager: Administrative manager support Line manager+1: Field coordinator
Technical link: HR Coordinator Team Managed: 1 HR Assistant
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Administrative et legal framework
- Apply policies and procedures in line with HI’s management framework.
- Apply working conditions on the basis of the HI Guidelines and local legislation; internal staff regulations, health policy, training policy and other applicable policies.
- Provides support in updating the classification and job descriptions and the management manual.
- Maintains the charter of the project organization.
- Supervises the registration of employees at the Social Security & Tax Office & related payments.
- Ensures salary administration and the final issue of payment slips with Payroll Database.
- Monitor the cost of living and propose amendments to the operational manager.
- Ensures all staff has the appropriate contract and that individual records are regularly updated at all times.
- Guaranteed that individual records of all staff are managed with appropriate quality, including Payroll Database.
- Keeps track of any paid or unpaid staff leave by properly reporting them with Payroll Database.
- Ensures that the files are consistent with HI and comply with the country's legislation.
- Keeps records up to date and reports statistics on personnel data (ie, recruitment, offshoring, performance appraisal).
- Prepares certificates and other HR documents when needed.
- Prepares all correspondence with partners (authorities, tax offices, Ministries of Labor etc.)
- Answers any questions about the International Remuneration Package and other specific procedures for expatriates (Volunteer Handbook).
- Supervise all staff travel from / to mission / project / headquarters and all related formalities (briefing, visa, accommodation, trial period, extension of mission, early return, etc.)
- Ensures adequate accommodation, maintenance and related services for international and off-site staff.
- Guaranteed workplace safety by ensuring rules and regulations are followed.
- Ensures that all key HR documents are available, translated and understood by staff at all levels.
II-Recruitment and Introduction of new staff
- Participate in the recruitment process for staffing field projects.
- Guaranteed the quality of the recruitment process in collaboration with the HR Coordinator.
- Is aware of the different lists of candidates for selection or non-selection
- Ensure respect and use of all official HI forms of the recruitment procedure
- Support Base administrators in the implementation of the recruitment process at local level
- Participate in all interviews made to candidates for local positions in Sana’a, ensure that the interview is conducted following the protocol defined previously and give her inputs from HR and administrative point of view per each candidate in the interview sheet.
- Instruct HR Assistant to prepare Job Offers based on the decision taken by the interview panel and recorded in the recruitment matrix.
- Send the Job Offers to the selected candidate and the negative answers to non-successful applicants.
- In coordination with Log department ensure that all material, devices or equipment needed to perform the position will be on time for the arrival of the new employee (computer, desk, stationaries, etc)
- Make sure that all employees on the mission receive an adequate administrative/HR briefing, are aware of their rights and duties towards HI, have read and understood all internal policies and regulations.
III-Human Resource Management
- Is aware of ongoing training and changing positions of individuals.
- Keeps job descriptions up to date for all staff at all times.
- Communicates and informs HR policies and procedures of international and national staff.
- Provided briefings on staff regulations to international and international staff.
- Proposes improvements in HRM such as strengthening of responsibilities and mixed teams.
- Provides support to supervisors in anticipating or resolving disputes and claims.
- Engages in various social activities with international and national staff.
- Participates in the evaluation process of all staff in the project.
- Help his HR team to be able to develop his professional condition.
- Follow up on disciplinary and judicial measures.
- Follows conflict management and dismissal procedures including documentation.
- Conducts exit interviews to determine the reasons for the employee's resignation and prepares notices of cessation of work.
IV-Expatriate staff management
- Keep visas/residency follow up tool updated
- Keep, follow up and update expatriate files for expats based in Hajjah
- Update the international staff movement tool
- Update the International Staff leave follow up tool
- Organize and participate in the introductory course.
- Ensure that candidates are registered and that applications receive adequate follow-up at the coordination and headquarters level.
- Ensures the communication of all relevant training issues at the coordination level.
- Participates in regular meetings of staff delegates.
- Regularly provides staff with all HR related information.
- Takes an active part in meetings and trainings.
- Transmits to the operational manager all relevant information on the essential elements for the proper functioning of the operative framework, court cases and up-to-date statistics.
VIII-General Knowledge of HI
- Has a general understanding of the association, how it works, its structure and its values (charter).
- Is aware of HI's objectives and activities in general and the specific context of the work.
- Actively participate in meetings and training.
IX-Cooperation with other departments
- Is aware of safety rules and the situation on the ground at all times.
- Is aware of the activities of other departments and follows specific rules and procedures.
- Gives support if needed.
X-Source of information
- Is aware of the political and social situation and keeps the information up-to-date.
- Transmits any relevant information related to HI's field of action and its context.
- Advises on various topics (culture, economy, politics, etc.).
- Translates documents and / or interprets conversations if necessary.
JOB CHARACTERISTICS / REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree in Human resources or Administrative or similar field
- 2-5 years’ work experience in a similar field with INGOs is essential
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic mandatory
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Global knowledge on Humanitarian principles, protection mainstreaming, is desirable
Willingness and ability
- Travel in and around Hajjah and other governorates on occasion, stay overnight outside of Hajjah City (where operations are presently based) as field movement requires
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Hajjah, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that this planning can change according to project needs.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
- Information being accessed by the HR Manager due to his/her position within the organization is strictly confidential. Any breach of confidentiality will be considered a gross misconduct.
Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/HRMAN/HAJJAH+ Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Sunday 20th October 2019
Please address all applications to: Recruitmentemail@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.