Ended Procurement Assistant
BASE LOCATION: Aden - Yemen
Technically REPORTING TO: Procurement Officer Country office
Administrative supervisor: Aden HOO
LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Procurement Assistant: Prepare purchase order on behalf of the organisation. Might be asked to review prices and product specification from various suppliers to determine which would provide the best deal. Creating and maintaining purchasing files and price lists. Tracking deliveries and make sure that the organisation receives exactly what was ordered from suppliers. physically checking for shipments to ensure the appropriate items were delivered. Answering supplier and customer inquiries about order change or cancellation and check requisition orders for accuracy.
To involve & assist in all Procurement processes of the organization projects, and track items from the initial to final stages to insure on-time arrival and adequate inventory. To maintain & coordinate with IRY Admin & Procurement Officer all processes of tenders. Assisting projects team in issues relating to procurement & facilitating the admin aspects of IRY.
- Procurement Assistant is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Organization’s values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize all procurement activates relating to request for proposal, sealed bids, tendering process and price quotes.
- Review requisition for completeness and accuracy follow up on discrepancies with the initiating department, identify available supplier for each requisition item.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Process requisition into purchase orders and any resulting change order.
- Receive, open, screen log and date stamps bid response/quotation, mail as required and organize bids for review by the project management.
- Maintain and update professional library publication.
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining general files, typing, data entry, and opening mail, completing and processing sanders purchasing form.
- Coordinate and schedule meeting and appointments as requested, respond to inquiries which do not require the personal attention of the project management.
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability and delivery.
- Respond to inquiries from project beneficiaries regarding requisition, purchase orders, contract and pricing information.
- Perform assigned related task by supervisor.
Required: University degree
- 2 years of relevant professional work experience. Field work experience.
- Very Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Previous experience working for NGOs is an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in rural areas.
- Familiarity with program area is highly desired
- Computer literate, especially MS Word and Excel
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Planning and Organizing.
D) PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
Secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware and software. Also, controlling the internal network.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here .
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.