Position: Pharmacy Assistant (1)
Report to: Pharmacy officer
Duty Station: Abyan
The pharmacist will supervise field pharma stores in Abyan governorate ensuring good storing, distribution and reporting of pharmaceutical.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Entering data of drug consumption by using computer systems to process information of drug consumption.
- Distribution of pharmaceuticals items and supplies as per consumption to all health facilities (HFs) & Mobile Health Teams (MHTs) with appropriate documentation using standard monitoring tools.
- Ensure sound data collection (hard copies) are in place for ongoing distribution and monitoring of pharmaceuticals at HFs & MHTs.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision to all HFs & MHTs to ensure appropriate feedback and mentorship takes place.
- Ensuring medicines are stored appropriately and securely at HFs & MHTs.
- Ensure that an up-to-date inventory is maintained for the HFs & MHTs field stores.
- Assist the pharmacists at HFs & MHT are supplied with the necessary tools to monitor supply movements and the reporting formats as well as capacity development of pharmacy assistants.
- Ensure that all stock movement records are appropriately maintained and organized including hard copies records of stock cards and bin cards in all HFs.
- Conduct monthly inventory of drugs, supplies and equipment at HFs and report to the pharmacy officer.
- Participate in conjunction with the logistic staff and field manager to conduct Final Year & spot inventory.
- Collect, archive weekly & monthly consumption reports from all IRC supported HFs and MHTs.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Pharmacy officer/Health Manager in accordance with the position
Required qualification and experience
- Bachelor / Diploma in Pharmacy
- Minimum three years professional experience with drug management systems
- INGO experience preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English preferred.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=6760
Deadline for Applying: October 23, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.