Ended Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Hub Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Term of Reference
Job title: Governorate Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Position Number: N/A
Location: All Governorates
Type of contract: APW contract
Duration: 6 months
WHO Yemen is supporting Ministry of Health to combat communicable diseases, strengthening child and mothers’ immune systems, preventing epidemics, fight non communicable diseases, offering services for treatment and prevention, supporting maternal and child health to save the lives of mothers and children and confronting natural and man-made disasters through appropriate and timely.
WHO requires a competent and committed professional to support the monitoring and evaluation of the Country Operational Plan implementation at the Governorate/District level. The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is located in governorate health office and works under the direct supervision of chief monitoring officer and hub managers.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFRENCE:
The WHO 13th General Programme of Work (GPW 13) was adopted by Member States in May 2018. It has three interconnected strategic priorities to ensure healthy lives and well-being for all ages — achieving universal health coverage, addressing health emergencies and promoting healthier populations. The WHO Impact Framework focuses on making a measurable impact for people at the country level, with an emphasis on data and accountability.
WHO is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The incumbent is required to assist on implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Systems for WHO programmes/projects in a governorates/district. Duties include in collecting performance indicators to measure progress of the project; assisting in new programme/project development; conducting cost benefits and cost effectiveness analyses; conduct verification visit for WHO support; maintaining M&E databases, analyze performance data, provide capacity building in M&E for implementing partners and reporting on M&E activities in monthly basis.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects data on inputs, activities and immediate outputs and reports on their contribution to eventual outcomes
- Participate on continuous monitoring and evaluation of the projects and programmes of governorates/districts.
- Assist on identifying key performance questions, key indicators and targets for each project components
- Facilitate the work of Third Party Monitoring activities at governorates/district level
- Support WHO planning, monitoring and evaluation unit to review and clear the TPM reports
- Regularly update monitoring and evaluation database whenever conduct field visit to supported health facilities
- Participates in assessments of new projects/programmes, as needed
- Prepares monitoring and evaluation data/information for management to in order to make informed decision.
- Regularly update M&E framework in collaboration with hub managers, technical officers and other M&E officers in the hubs
- Participate in quarterly meeting which organized with hub mangers in hub/governorates in order to review progress, identify bottlenecks and gaps, and bring to the attention of senior management team any adjustments required.
- Assist with supporting the design and implementation of formative and summative evaluations as well as tracking the implementation and follow up of evaluation recommendations
- Provide technical support for Implementing Partner (IPs) on monitoring and evaluation activities in order to ensure that the reports are high quality and evidence-based.
- Carry out any other additional tasks assigned by WHO
Qualifications and Experience
Up to 5 year of experience in the field of M&E who has master’s degree in public health, social science, economics, bio-statistics, public administration or related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies and principles including quantitative, qualitative and participatory approaches.
- Experience in the area of results based management, monitoring and evaluation, statistics and/or research methodologies
- Ability to compile and analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel 15 days to health facilities every month
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both in writing and orally
- Data analysis skills and familiarity with statistical software (i.e. SPSS, EP Info, EXCEL, Stata);
- Applicant need to specify the hubs is going to apply.
Interested candidates are kindly requested and strongly encouraged to send their CV To: email@example.com
please clearly mention in the email subject Name of the position + the city.
Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline for application: COB 9 November 2019