Reference code: finance Manger# Yard 2019
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair relief and development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation that was established in 2013, to implement various projects in relief and development. the foundation announces the need to hire a Finance Manager . The employee can be stationed in either in field office or in head office as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical Support and Management:
- Maintain complete books of accounts, as per YARD Finance Manual.
- Check all payment claims to ensure compliance with: YARD policies and procedures, valid scheme of delegation, YARD donor compliance requirements, in-country laws and any other official regulatory authority.
- Ensure that all payments are properly coded to record against active awards and to complete authorization of respective budget holders as per YARD Scheme of Delegation.
- Ensure that all program implementation activities that require direct or indirect disbursement of hard cash to suppliers, contractors, and beneficiaries are safe-guarded by segregation of duty.
- Ensure appropriate segregation of duties for each and every financial management task
- Maintain assets and liabilities monthly schedules and reconciliations with Financial Management system (FMS).
- Ensure that daily financial matters are handled in a systematic, accurate and transparent manner.
- Signal HM of any financial risks / fraud activities.
- Ensure that positions reporting to you fully comply with YARD policies and procedures and arrange trainings around financial management.
- Oversee the professional direction / delegation / supervision / accountability of reporting staff as per their job descriptions or any official documentation.
- Follow-up and confirmation of the date of eligibility of grants and demands
- Liquidation of the financial payment sent by the first donor and according to the dates specified by the donor.
- Preparing and processing salaries according to the date of maturity without delay and according to the regulations of the Foundation
- Ensure the tax benefits of all transactions
- Prepare the financial spending plan for the project period based on the logistics plan and follow up continuously and the extent of implementation and submit a monthly report
- Complete and insert all the documents in the system monthly in QuickBooks without delay and issue a report
Coordination and Representation:
- Assist FC to strengthen internal controls and the environment around it.
- Ensure preparation of employees’ monthly salary cost allocations in close coordination with Human Resource (HR).
- Assist FC in tracing all account balance sheets on a monthly basis and at the end of each award.
- Monitor cash and bank flows on a daily-basis and maintain close coordination with financial institutions to ensure smooth transactions, while safeguarding YARD’s cash from assessed / known risks.
- If, for unforeseen reasons, institutional banking system services are not available, arrange an alternative arrangement with consent from a respective Field Manager or HM.
- Assist the Field and Country Office Finance teams during internal/ external audits, donor specific audits, and authorized third-party reviews of financial records.
- Closely work with Field Office Awards Coordinator to fully understand financial and compliance aspects of donor funded portfolios and use Award Management System (AMS) to understand donor financial compliance requirements.
- Maintain working relationship with YARD partners and support Field and Country Offices to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects through partners.
- Actively participate in Budgetary review meetings.
- Submit all Internal and external financial reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare/review Bank and cash, and financial data entry on a daily-basis.
- Follow-up prepayments (like rent, Internet service, etc.) and manage schedule on FMS monthly.
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts are prepared on a regularly basis.
- Review official e-mails on a daily-basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Other duties as assigned.
The role of the Finance Manager is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with YARD’s vision and mission. As such, the Finance Manager is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to the monitoring and evaluation and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting
- Minimum 2 years working experience as a Finance Manager or similar role in a humanitarian/development context
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software and advances MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time-management sills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Commitment to the aims and principles of YARD.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with a cover letter to
with the job title as the email subject.
The code reference must be indicated in the email.