Ended Programme & Projects Manager
Job Title: Programme & Projects Manager. (Preferably female)
Reporting to: General Manager
Manages: Programs Officers, Projects Managers, Programs Staff
Contract Type: temporary
Deadline: 10 November 2019.
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
The Programme Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the whole of the proposed change, co-ordination of the programme's projects, management of their inter-dependencies, & responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the programme.
- Leading the design process and developing program and project strategies and operational plans in coordination with project managers and teams, and ensure alignment with the strategies and objectives of the organization in coordination with the Finance and Logistics Manager.
- ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with all ADO different programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Formulate, organize and monitor projects within all ADO programs.
- Lead and evaluate program coordinators and other staff under ADO programs
- Apply change, risk and resource management.
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues.
- Responsible for program financial management, and that all expenditures are in line with ADO and donor compliance standards.
- Participating, as and when necessary, in the development of the emergency response plan activities.
- Monitor and analyze all programs indicators & key ADO indicators in the field of intervention.
- Take part in the annual strategic review of the mission & define the operational direction to be promoted in relation to the strategy, the capacities of the mission and the identification of need in all sectors
- Conducting detailed assessments and evaluations for design of further programming & identifying humanitarian needs in all programs sectors.
- Work on the definition of programs, taking into account logistics, administration, other areas of intervention, partners etc.
- Contribute to proposals for intervention (logical framework, covering literature, text, budget, time scales and logistics) in collaboration with the departments concerned.
- Establishing training and skills development for ADO teams for team in local partner organizations
- Assessing internal technical capacity
- Proposing training plans for all teams especially on strategies, humanitarian protocols and implementation tools
- Ensuring the quality and appropriateness of the training programmes put in place
- Manage monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems and processes, ensuring projects’ staff is clear on what is required, and that quality is maintained as per agreed standards, lessons learnt are documented and applied for current and future projects.
- Prepare operational manuals for all sectors (sanitation, health, nutrition….etc) & Develop technical guidelines for the implementation of all project(s) and training of staff.
- Review all programs reports, both narrative & quantitative.
- Study of the existing protocols and proposals to amend them in order to improve all programs
- Work alongside the local authorities and in liaison with other professions, to define integrated approaches and an appropriate strategy of intervention
- Promoting and contributing to learning and improvement of quality (internal evaluation and joint visits)
- Play a part in writing the TOR of the external assessment and support and accompany external assessors
- Configure and set up joint visits/inspections (Project Managers, beneficiaries, funding bodies, other partners in the area)
- Implement the recommendations made as a result of internal and external assessments in the context of a specific work plan (quality control)
- Ensure ADO representation and coordination in its area of intervention and develop partnership.
- Coordinating the activities with other sectors and departments of ADO in order to ensure rational use of resources and optimum integration
- Be directly responsible for fundraising opportunities to expand projects under ADO programs.
- Develop productive working relationships with all stakeholders including; community leaders and representatives, Government officials, Non-Governmental Organizations both local and international, and donor.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- As and when requested, represent ADO in external forums, ensuring the ADO profile is positively maintained as per ADO values, objectives, strategy and advocacy plan. This includes proactively representing in cluster coordination, donors meetings and maintaining contact with relevant local authorities other agencies; ensuring that ADO mandate, vision, approach an activity is understood and accepted.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Manage, supervise and train all projects team.
- Participate in the recruitment of the teams (producing job descriptions, conducting interviews, administering tests, etc.)
- Organize and conduct team one-to-one meetings on both a regular and exceptional basis.
- Provide technical support for the teams.
- Evaluate the staff under his management periodically.
- Deal with problems within the team
- Reporting the progress of the programme on regular basis to General Manager of ADO organization.
- Any other related duties as assigned by GM.
Education and Experience:
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in relevant field Health, Project Management, Administration) Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with NGOs in project management, including experience in working in a tense security situation.
- Minimum of 3 years in Programs Management.
- Excellent command of spoken & written English language.
- High skill in using Microsoft Office applications (Word - Excel - PowerPoint - Arabic and English printing - emails).
Specific skills for the post:
- Team Leadership qualities.
- Familiarity with the different types of instruments (Grants, Contracts, sub-awards, etc.)
- Familiarity various business controls (HR, Finance, Procurement, I.T, Program)
- Familiarity with various donor rules and regulations is a plus.
- Familiarity with various Yemen laws and regulations is a plus.
- Proven experience working in complex environment.
- Senior-level managerial experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to communicate effectively at a professional level.
- Demonstrates experience in building from scratch, complex strategies.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
- If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please upload your CV and fill in the form using the following link: https://forms.gle/6ZSjPKcAWDU98qqv5
- Deadline to send your application: 10.11.2019, you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your CV won’t be perceived.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.