Ended FSL Specialist
Division : Programs.
Location : Aden.
Reports to : Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Program Manager /Project Manager
Duration : 6 months renewable.
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
The FSL specialist is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of FSL projects. He/she will also ensure strong collaboration and coordination with the FSL sub-national cluster and stakeholders.
- Lead expansion and growth of the FSL Programming including leading assessments, design workshops and proposal writing.
- Lead the efforts in the identification of funding opportunities for FSL interventions.
- Participate in the follow-up of the humanitarian situation in the country, the context of intervention and analyze the FSL humanitarian situation; and report to the senior management.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming in all FSL activities.
- Identify public, non-profit and private organizations for cross learning for the development and implementation of food security and livelihoods programs.
- Facilitate monitoring of food security and livelihood projects (field visit, regular programme monitoring, budget forecast, staff evaluation and planning, donor’s reports, monthly reports, etc.).
- Responsible for the development of all FSL projects in the form of draft project concept notes, preparation and writing of food security and livelihood proposals and projects reports (log frame, narrative, budget).
- Supervise and evaluate the Food security and livelihoods projects' subordinates.
- Liaising with donors, authorities, research institutes, partner organizations, NGOs, government bodies, and clusters at sub-national/country level.
- Ensure timely program planning, implementation and reporting of both short and long-term livelihoods program activities.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all information is tracked according to livelihood program needs and donor requirements.
- Lead the generation of regular reports/program updates for sharing both internally and externally.
- Represent the organization at the relevant cluster meetings and other FSL focused coordination forums such as early recovery, staying abreast of new practices and trends, as well as reporting on the organization’s work.
- Prepare projects' documents and other material to develop or promote coordination and advocacy activities.
- Establish positive relations and close collaboration with other agencies involved in FSL programs in Yemen.
- Ensures information is efficiently communicated between the sub office and the head office.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in socio-economic, agriculture, rural development, international development or equivalent.
- At least one year related experience.
- Effective use of computers – Outlook, Word and Excel, etc.
- Proven ability to lead and work effectively with others to achieve results.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to operate under pressure.
- Strong people supervisor skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, coordination, and reporting capacity.
- Proficiency in English and good interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic and creative.
- Ability to manage stress, multi-task, and take decisions.
- The ability to work independently using own initiative to solve problems (focusing on solutions).
- A team player and willing to shoulder additional responsibilities.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 10th Nov 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
** YFCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.