Project Coordinators (2)
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. Search seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 400 staff worldwide, Search implements projects from 39 offices in 36 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work at, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff who love their work. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role.
Search has been working in Yemen since 2010 to promote social cohesion through work with youth, media, and women’s groups across the country. Search Yemen is seeking highly qualified individuals for the following position:
Vacancy: 2 Project Coordinators
Duration: Annual contract based on the project and performance
The Project Coordinator who will be employed under the project titled “Promoting Women’s Inclusion in Peacebuilding in Yemen” implemented in four governorates of Yemen and funded by the Government of Canada. The program aims to advance the inclusion of a diversity of women in peacebuilding at the local and national level in Yemen in Lahj, Abyan, Taiz and Ibb (three districts per governorate, total twelve districts).
Based in Aden, Yemen, the Project Coordinator will report to the Project Manager. S/He will manage the project’s coordination tasks and conduct frequent field visits to the target governorates.
The Project Coordinator will report to the Project Manager and will work closely with other team members, and is responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain good lines of communication and relationships with local authorities and the local community.
- Ensures the agreed project management methods, standards, and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop action plans for project implementation, including all technical specifications for project implementation.
- Assist in ensuring the quality of conflict cases scanned.
- Oversee and ensure quality implementation of actors involved in the program;
- Coordinates M&E data, activity results, and documentation with Search M&E team and Project Manager.
- Supervise and be responsible for all technical aspects of daily project implementation, ensure they are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Coordinates and supports other team coordinators, officers and assistants on all issues related to program implementation.
- Regular communication with Operations department concerning procurement of supplies.
- Ensures quality filing and reporting systems for project activities, feeding into reports to donors on implementation progress and achieved results.
- Support to prepare manuals, brochure and other relevant IEC materials on promoting women’s inclusion in peacebuilding.
- Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of program implementation.
- Carries out frequent field visits to targeted districts to manage and supervise project’s activities and gives feedback and guidance to implementing local partners, facilitators and consultants.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of progress achieved and challenges faced (through regular reports).
- Prepares regular reports and documentation of activities conducted.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation and maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with the community targeted.
- Adherence to all organizational policies and procedures as outlined in Search policies and procedure manuals.
- Follow all organizational protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by HR department.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- A university degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 4 years’ professional experience in a comparable position including extensive fieldwork.
- Previous experience in community engagement and peacebuilding programing in the context of Yemen especially in southern Yemen.
- Demonstrated good skills and experience in administrative, organizational, and operational project work.
- Strong experience in coordinating and planning community outreach activities.
- Ability to analyze and present information in a clear manner.
- Good knowledge of Yemeni conflict context and previous field experience (preferably in southern Yemen).
- Strong knowledge of local context and dynamics in the target governorates.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong team leadership and technical expertise are critical.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, hard-working, servant-hearted.
- Maintains focus on priorities.
- Self‐starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications.
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including logistics, correspondence, and financial reports.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office and Excel).
- Flexible to work under pressure and remote areas.
- English fluency and writing skills are required.
This position will close on November 14, 2019.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover Letter
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity - Empathy - Impartiality - Inclusivity - Courage - Hope - Humility - Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.