Ended CCM Officer
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: CCCM Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Management of mobile CCCM team
- Devise daily and weekly workplans for mobile team activities, with the support of the CCCM Senior Officer
- Timely reporting of problems and challenges in the sites to CCCM Senior Officer
- Timely reporting of security and safety incidents or risks to CCCM Senior Officer / security focal point
Partner coordination and service monitoring
- Liaise and coordinate with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites, on a day-to-day basis
- Liaise and coordinate with local authorities, on a day-to-day basis
- Monitor service provision at site level, including through observation and assessment
Community participation and representation:
- Organize and chair regular meetings between community representatives and humanitarian agencies, taking minutes of meetings and attendance sheets
- Work with the CCCM Senior Officer to establish community committees in the sites, ensuring representation and participation of women, youth, and marginalized groups
- Support organization of trainings to community committees, humanitarian agencies, and community members, on topics including on protection, fire response, and CCCM
Communication with communities and accountability
- Establish and then oversee ACTED Communications with Communities (CwC) activities in the sites, including regular outreach to the community and information campaigns
- Support community mobilization efforts or information campaigns of community representatives or other humanitarian agencies as needed
- Support establishment of, and then implement, Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) in each of the sites, including data management, referrals, and ensuring feedback is given
- Compile regular reporting from partners on their activities in the sites
- Conduct and oversee regular data collection, including on service availability and standards in the sites
- Ensure all reports and data submitted by the CCCM team are timely and accurate
- Participate in assessment and data collection exercises as needed
- Ensure information is shared back with partners and communities
- Consider gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promote and adhere to ACTED’s Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy
- Promote participation and representation of women, youth, people with specific needs, and marginalised groups in all SMC and partner activities
- Support establishment of referral mechanisms, in collaboration with protection partners
- Support vulnerable persons including through referral to protection partners, and coordination of support at specific events (e.g. distributions, registration)
- Ensure confidentiality is respected in all activities
- Line management of CCCM Assistants
Transparency, & compliance
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of project documentation, and timely submission of regular reporting to the CCCM Senior Officer
- Support Shelter/Infrastructure and WASH teams, as needed, to conduct regular assessment of site infrastructure and ensure participation of the community in identifying and implementing works
- Any additional task as requested by the line manager
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a project implementation position in an NGO.
- Excellent communication and external representation skills.
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize, and multitask.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Flexible, with the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Good computer literacy, including use of smartphones and MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Good English skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is required.
- Experience in CCCM programming is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Protection programming is of benefit.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Aldhalee CCCM Officer and rename your CV as First/Last name + Aldhalee CCCM Officer.
- The closing date for applications is on Tuesday, 12 November 2019.
- Candidates from Aldhalee are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification