Area Fleet Assistant
Area Fleet Assistant – Hudaydah/Raymah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Al-Dhalee, Saadah, Al Jawf and currently in Aden
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in Hodeidah and Raymah.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Fleet Assistant
Under authority of: Logistics Officer,
Internal Relations: Program staff, support staff
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
1.1 Fleet Management
- Monitor all movements of ACTED fleet
- To liaise with the Fleet focal point in the Capital as appropriate on matters relating to base transport policies and procedures.
- Track movements between bases and contact vehicles at pre-determined points (according to road map)
- GPS Monitoring and tracking
- Manage vehicle registration and insurance documents to ensure they are up-to-date
- Maintain vehicle schedules between bases, head office and locations of work
- Follow up with base requirements for fleet needs
- Liaise with supplier for maintenance requirements and vehicle records
- Ensure vehicles meet ACTED standards and safety
- To develop arrangements for the replacement of vehicles if needed and draw up specifications for new vehicles.
- Using ACTED database system, input vehicle fuel usage and monitor reporting of vehicle fuel consumption
- Ensure vehicles are replaced by supplier when taken for maintenance or servicing and the new vehicles are equipped with necessary car tools/equipment;
- Monitor movement of staff within ACTED vehicles, maintain vehicle passenger lists per journey
- Propose improvements in the existing transport processes, systems and tools.
- Be responsible to implement the pick and drop schedule of staff from and to prescribed destinations.
- Manage log books in each vehicle and submit originals to Audit on monthly basis.
- Collect monthly vehicle checklists, verify their accuracy, and work with drivers to correct any problems.
- Manage relations with vehicle rental company and manage vehicle rentals as necessary for project
- Maintain proper inventory of all components of vehicles, making sure they are maintained and checked frequently.
- Prepare services requisitions for repair and maintenance at the appropriate shops (garages)
- Maintain working relationships with vehicle Rental Company and liaise with them regularly on vehicle repairs to ensure repairs are appropriate and done thoroughly.
1.2 Fuel Management
- Track vehicle and fuel usage and consumption rates; ensure that potential problems or fuel misuse is raised to management.
- Complete the monthly fuel reports.
1.3 Management of Drivers
- To appoint and supervise the drivers.
- Maintain monthly driver schedules, to be prepared before the start of the coming month and shared with logistics, drivers and Programs, once confirmed to be share with Liaison to prepare permits
- Responsible for accurate cars’ log books and clean drivers’ OT sheets;
- Follow up with drivers for daily schedule, follow up with shift requirements and possible last-minute changes
- To ensure that all drivers are aware of the necessary daily and weekly checking procedures and that they are properly implemented.
- Act as the line manager to transport personnel, evaluate employee performance, allocate and rotate appropriate work assignments, develop training plans.
- Oversee recruitment of new drivers and testing of driver candidates in traffic rules, signage, signaling, and practical driving.
Budgets Controlling and Monitoring
- Assist the ALO to check and process transport accounts for payment.
- Assist the ALO to monitor expenditure on transport services against budget estimates.
- Track repairs and costs as part of monitoring and overseeing the repair processes.
- Assist the ALO to allocate driving fines
- Maintain monthly reports on fleet movements according to dispatch log book
- Monthly fuel consumption report to be checked according to vehicle log books and dispatch vehicle monitoring reports.
- Check driver OT sheet against the movement report to validate driver OT
- Monthly driver schedules to be prepared and shared
- Attendance sheets to be monitored
- Maintain a box filing system for each vehicle that stores all information, like; insurance registration documents servicing/repairs and accidents reports, log books sheets and other relevant documents
- Ensure observance of road safety standards; ensure project vehicles are used in accordance with established rules and regulations and that vehicle usage data is correctly recorded
- Ensure essential emergency contact information including phone numbers, frequencies, and call signs are posted in vehicles and are available to all ACTED staff.
- Ensure secure materials and envelops movement between bases and organizing the Waybill files for Hudaydah base.
Job requirements (Qualification, Experience and skills)
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Two years’ practical experience in the same/similar role
- Experience with car maintenance and fuel consumption.
- Good experience in leading a team of drivers
- Very good in both Arabic and English (written and spoken) required.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel to field locations and perform field visits as necessary.
- Competence in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Hudaydah/Raymah – Fleet Assistant" and rename your CV as (First & Last name +Fleet Assistant).
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 12 November 2019.
- Candidates from Hudaydah governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date”.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification