Ended Information Management and MEAL Officer
Solidarités International seeks to recruit a:
Information Management and MEAL Officer
Location of position: Aden, Yemen, Emergency Team.
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently implementing emergency and early-recovery WASH and Food Security and Livelihood projects in Lahj, Taizz, and Hodeidah governorates. It operates from Aden, where the coordination is based, and 2 operational field bases located in Al Turbah and Al Mokha.
For the year 2019, Solidarites International is looking at strengthening its emergency response capacity through the establishment of a dedicated, roving team based in Aden with regular field trips.
The position will be based in Aden, Yemen with at least 80% of the time in the field.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
The Information Management, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is in charge of collecting information and data from different partners and analyzing/contextualizing them. He/She is also in charge of data entries and the cleaning, consolidation, and back-up of information collected on the field as requested by ERT Program Managers and/or Meal Manager.
He/she assists the operation team in data analysis.
He/she produce data visualization and report with the support of the ERT Program Managers.
List of main tasks:
- The Information Management Officer is in charge of:
- Information collection on Cholera situation/outbreak (through Health Cluster and its partners, field Focal Points, Health structures contacts, etc.);
- Information collection/Mapping of IDPs displacements/movements
- Information collection/Mapping on WASH Activities implementing partners in areas where ERT Team is working or has intention to work (through WASH/Food security Sub-Cluster Focal Points and his partners);
- Attend the training of field staff about the new tools developed;
- Compile data to produce analysis, data visualization and report;
- Support the teams in the analysis of information and data gathered.
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Under the responsibility of the team leaders, participate in the logistics and administrative organisation, planning and preparation of M&E missions:
- Contribute to the creation of monitoring tools and to the preparation of database frames based on questionnaires;
- Support the team leaders in centralizing and organizing data collection for activities and outputs as defined by the M&E plan.
- Collect monitoring data using SI tools:
- Create surveys with Kobo Toolbox;
- Contribute to data collection at field level (overseeing surveys etc.) and make sure that all available aspects are covered;
- Ensure that all data is entered on time and check their consistency and quality;
- Contribute to maintain the database following a standard format with the aggregation of data allowing to produce routine and/or periodic monitoring reports;
- Participate in the monitoring of crosscutting aspects like gender and “do no harm” in the implementation of activities;
- With the supervision of his/her manager, formulate preliminary recommendations on how to improve the activities;
- With the support of the PM and MEAL team, prepare and implement trainings on monitoring tools for the field officers;
- Be the referent for CRM inside ERT Team;
- Ensure that all program documentation is well archived and available upon request with the support of the Program Managers and the Program Team;
- Respect SI security procedures at all times.
Reporting / Communication
- Keep tools and files archived and secured in SI offices, but still easily accessible to his/her line manager;
- Participate in collaboration with the program team and M&E teams in the analysis and processing of data;
- Participate in collaboration with program team and M&E teams in the production of graphs based on the data collected;
- Bring to light any difficulties linked to his or her activities, to the programs of SI or related to security concerns.
Education and experience
- Diploma in Engineering, Public Health or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
- At least 2-year experience in a similar position, for INGO sector.
- Proven previous experience in information management and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Proven previous experience in unstable environment (conflict / post conflict country).
- Roving/Flying experience would be a key asset.
- Experience in working in tense security context with strict security rules.
- Experience in remote project management would be an asset.
- Experience in delivering training and capacity building of staff.
- Strong capacities in networking
Knowledge and technical skills
- Sound knowledge of water, sanitation and hygiene principles for humanitarian assistance.
- Excellent Monitoring and Evaluation Skills; Organizational Skills; Accuracy; Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced knowledge in database management.
- Advanced knowledge in KoboToolbox software.
- Good understanding of WASH activities in emergency and cholera context.
- Good and proven writing and spoken English are required.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: ERT WASH PM
Line report(s) on base:
Functional manager: MEAL Coordinator
Functional report(s): -
Please submit your application (CV and Cover Letter) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 09th of November 2019