Ended Programme Assistant (Data Management)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
For more on WFP and what we do, please watch this video.
Created in July 2017, the Programme Safety Nets & Livelihoods Unit is rapidly expending and currently in need of a programme assistant with a solid data management background to address several tasks as described below. The PA Data management will directly report to the SNL Head of Unit.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
4. Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
5. Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
7. Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
8. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Tasks specific to the School Feeding Department:
- Improve School Feeding Programme data collection and management; propose and perform new approach to data cleaning, validation and visualization.
- Lead the preparation, revision and finalization of the distribution plans and Food Receipt Notes (FRN); liaise with the Cooperating Partners (CP) on the accuracy of the distribution plans and FRNs.
- In cooperation with the CP, WFP Sana’a Logistics Department, and WFP Area Offices, develop and maintain a comprehensive database on dispatches against deliveries of school feeding commodities (High Energy Biscuits (HEBs) and Date Bars (DBs).
- Assist in the process of the programme budget tracking.
- Produce ad hoc reports and graphs as requested.
- Establish contacts with other research and information officers within the WFP Yemen Country Office (YECO) and other stakeholders.
- Support cooperating partners in the use of appropriate tools and mechanisms for the accurate tracking of data and project progress.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS (Cont.)
Tasks specific to the Livelihoods support Department:
- Lead on Food for Assets (FFA) attendance sheet data entry and management: this is something we have not been doing well because of capacity. For that purpose, establish a system to collect all paper attendance sheets received from our CPs and enter them into a consolidated database.
- Keep updated the “asset database” for all FFA projects.
- Produce graphs and tables out of all the data that we have (planning, results, etc.)
- Support YECO M&E Unit and the M&E focal point within the SNL Livelihoods Department with data entry of questionnaires as needed.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 or more years of relevant experience in a field related to Programme & Policy, Programme/Project support in a Humanitarian context, or Primary or secondary data collection and analysis.
- Completion of secondary school education;
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English.
- Either a Yemeni citizen or a foreign citizen with permanent Yemeni work permit.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)||Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.|
|Knowledge of Specialized Areas||Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt||Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
To view the job description and apply to the mentioned vacancies, please go to the link associated to the VA you want to apply to
Link For Non-WFP candidates: External
Link for WFP Staff: Internal
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account (if you do not already have one)