Ended Financial Analysis and Reporting Officer (Business Analyst)
CARE International is currently seeking a Financial Analysis and Reporting Officer (Business Analyst), H/She will assist the Finance Controller in new process and system development and roll outs; leading the overall CO audit processes (not donor specific audits); represent Finance in the monthly FAR with SSC and replace the financial controller during absence from the country office.
Financial Analysis and Reporting Officer (Business Analyst)
The purpose for the Financial Analysis and Reporting Officer is to create information from financial data that can be decision input for overall financial management of CARE Yemen. While all other sub units of Finance focus on production of financial data, this position will assist the Finance Controller in oversighting data quality and undertaking of financial analysis and reporting for overall CO performance.
The position will also assist the Finance Controller in new process and system development and roll outs; leading the overall CO audit processes (not donor specific audits); represent Finance in the monthly FAR with SSC and replace the financial controller during absence from the country office.
- Undertake the multiyear analysis on SPCs to ensure essential support services incurred to implement all projects and programs are budgeted and recovered effectively using the Shared Program Cost (SPC) method in compliance with donor rules and regulations;
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliation and Cash Recap. Share the red flags to the Finance Controller. Monitor and follow up on items in the BL and Cash Recap that are long standing/ need action.
- Work closely with SSC Bank Reconciliation Team on monthly basis
- On a monthly basis prepare individual Bank Reconciliation Reports for separate bank accounts dedicated to individual projects as per donor requirement.
- Represent finance in the budget development for new proposals and to ensure that SPC budgeting is completed as per the multiyear analysis on SPC.
- Review monthly FAR reports from SSC; ensure that all open items and issues in the report are timely addressed; represent CO Finance in the overall communication with SSC.
- Ensure that CO support staff are budgeted as per the flexi structure of the CO; lead the overall funding gap analysis for CO support staffs;
- Coordinate the overall CO audits (not donor audits and reporting): CARE USA Financial Statement Audit, CARE USA USG Single Audit, ; represent finance in the process of such audits;
- Communicate sample documents for these audits to all concerned units in the CO; review and make sure that they fulfil the documentations requirements; assist Finance Controller in the sharing of these documents to the Auditors for remote audits.
- Liaise with Internal Audit Department for follow up and timely closing of audit action items.
- Compile data on cost centers (offices, vehicles, staffs, etc.) and produce reports on cost per cost centers so that senior management have an insight and comparison for cost reasonableness;
- Lead the periodic Financial Reports to Government bodies; review such reports before submission to these regulatory bodies;
- Manage the COs periodic reports to RMU (COMFORT, Dashboard, Compliance Plan, etc.);
- Prepare monthly IIR Report for Finance Controller review and consolidation
- Review VAT reports to donors; follow up on VAT tracking system of the CO.
- Prepare any other reports as per the Finance Controller request.
- Coordinate with all units of Finance to assess and log operational bottlenecks/system flaws; propose process improvements for operational efficiencies;
- Assist the Finance Controller on the roll out/cascading of new processes and systems; provide orientations and/or trainings on same to all concerned staffs.
- Conduct field visits to undertake supportive supervisions on financial documentations, analysis and reporting;
- Assist the Finance Controller on provision of trainings to budget holders, finance staffs
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, required; Preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years job related experience
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including advanced expertise in Excel;
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting and reporting
- Good understanding of relevant donor policies & procedures
- Ability to maintain customer focus while handling multiple priorities
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and financial software applications
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should send a CV and a cover letter (English) by November 10, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject heading ‘Analysis and Reporting Officer (Business Analyst)”. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.