Ended Warehouse Storekeeper
Position: Warehouse Storekeeper – (1)
Location: Hodeidah / Jabal Ras
Vacancy Reference Number: WH-SK- HOD/JR19
Under direct supervision of logistics officer, the staff will have the overall responsibility of tracking and receiving all the nutrition supplies in the warehouse, inspect the quality of the supplies delivered, keep accurate records of all the stock and dispatch the supplies to the targeted health facilities as per the distribution plan provided by field nutrition team. The staff will also ensure that the warehouse is kept clean and neat at all times throughout the project period.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. This includes but not limited to:
- Receive all nutrition commodities at the warehouse by counterchecking the delivered commodities against the delivery notes/waybills, inspect the quality of the delivered supplies and send all the required reports to the line supervisor (Waybills, GRN, DSMR, IKD and Tally Sheet)
- Track/monitor movement of nutrition supplies being transported to allocated field warehouse and keep both line supervisor and field nutrition team posted.
- Reviewing/coordination the distribution planning with field program team and send confirmation to IRY country office logistic unit.
- Liaising with IRY country Office (Logistic Officer) dispatching/transportation the food or NFI, and coordinating the secondary transportation to ensure the dispatching from the WH to the targeted FDPs/HFs going in ideal manner and the food/NFI have reached to the FDPs/HFs with no loss or damage – in case loss or damage report it immediately to Logistic Officer and Program team.
- Constantly check the storage conditions of the warehouse to ensure post-free and detect any infestation and send all inspections & cleaning reports.
- Maintain accurate stock records by use of available stock cards and ensure proper filling of goods delivery notes / good receive notes and another warehouse related documents.
- Carry out periodic physical inventory as per warehousing managements standards and keep both hard and soft copy records well updated
- Report any spoilage of the commodities in the warehouse on timely manner to the line supervisor and take the appropriate action on disposal of the spoilt commodities as per IRY procedures.
- Work with field programme team and line supervisor to provide stock balances both at warehouse and at all the targeted FDPs/HFs.
- Conduct general warehousing cleanliness as per IRY standards.
- Maintains the warehouse, records area and stores area in a neat and orderly manner in liaise with logistic unit in main office and keep updating.
- Leading the casual workers and guards at the warehouse.
- Carry out any duty assigned by line supervisor or as requested by the Nutrition Project Coordinator.
Local applicants from the Hodeidah in particular (Jabal Rass) district are very encouraged to apply for this position
- Two years’ experience in relevant fields.
- Good acknowledge in the logistic/warehousing managements.
- Proficient in computer application (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Fluent in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Stock management skills.
- Computer – MO (excel and word)
- Emails/Phone communication and coordination skills.
- Willing to accept duty station at the district.
Respect, honesty, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, team player, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organization.
At least High school.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.