Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Aden, Yemen - with regular travel inside and outside the country
Reporting to: Project Manager (Yemen)
Grade and Salary:
Annual salary range from 24516$ to 30152$ (Based on Accumulated Experience, and scoring of the recruitment panel) in addition to the 9% statuary for Social Security
Contract terms and hours:
24 months fixed-term contract with possibility of extension based on funding availability
Saferworld is an independent non-governmental organisation that works to prevent and reduce violent conflicts and promote cooperative approaches to community security. We work with civil society, governments and international organisations to encourage and support effective policies and practices through advocacy, research and policy development, and through supporting the actions of others.
The Yemen Programme was established in 2010. We currently have three core areas of work in Yemen:
- Youth, Peacebuilding and Governance. Working with youth groups on local level peacebuilding initiatives in Yemen and the establishment of inclusive, fair and transparent governance systems.
- Gender, Peace and Security. Working with local and national activists to address women’s safety and security concerns as well as looking at security provision for women and women’s role in peacebuilding.
- Community Peacebuilding. Working with communities to mitigate the impact of conflict and improve local resilience, including through better local governance.
- Conflict Analysis and Conflict Sensitivity. Encouraging international and national actors to take a conflict sensitive approach, including looking at gender drivers of conflict and how external stresses can exacerbate local conflict dynamics.
The programme seeks to achieve change in these three areas through working with local communities and initiatives, national civil society and government stakeholders and international actors, including linking local voices and needs to national and international forums.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for participating in the successful delivery of a new project, Enhancing Mechanisms for Community Security in Yemen.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate regular project planning meetings with partners and help develop partner organisations' capacity
- Support partner organisations with the facilitation of events including leading on logistical arrangements.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the context in project locations
- Field visits to Yemen programs locations
- Assist with the preparation of budget estimates for planned activities
- Assist in monitoring partners’ project budgets
- Together with the team, contribute to the monitoring of risks to the safety & security of staff and programmes.
- Other tasks as assigned by the line manager
Monitoring and evaluation:-
- Assist in developing and implementing the monitoring and evaluation framework for the Yemen programme, and be responsible for collecting the relevant information.
- Run regular review meetings with partner organisations and ensure they are producing regular and high quality activity reports
- Support partner organisations to identify the changes that have occurred as a result of the project work.
Core Organizational Requirements:-
- Commitment to and compliance with Saferworld’s safeguarding principles.
- Commitment to respect and value equality and diversity, and understanding of how this applies to own area of work.
- Commitment to own continuing personal and professional development
- Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Saferworld
- Commitment and adherence to Saferworld global and/or local manuals and policies.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social sciences or related area of studies
- A good understanding of peacebuilding and conflict prevention issues in Yemen.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in international development, peacebuilding, civil society or related issues.
- Experience in project management, including monitoring and evaluation is preferred.
- Desirable experience in planning, coordinating, and facilitating workshops, trainings, travels, and meetings.
Skills and Abilities:-
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English;
- Good communication skills, written and oral;
- A positive problem-solving approach;
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills;
- Good Interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Ability to work independently effectively with proven track of records, in addition to working effectively as part of a team.
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the 21th of Nov.2019
The application can be downloaded from the link below:-
Please do name the application as per the following phrasing:-
Project Coordinator Application +Your Name
Please use email subject heading Ref: YOPC-ADEN
Unfortunately, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not send your CV as this will NOT be considered in place of, or as well as a completed application form