Ended Gynecologist/Obstetric Doctor
Reference No: GYNO_AMR2019
Duration: 6 months.
Provide medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth and diagnose, treat and help prevent disease of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system in Alasha hospital in Amran Governorate
Duties and responsibilities
- Collect, record and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, report and examination results.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal and postnatal periods.
- Care for women during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Treat diseases affecting female organs.
- Perform caesarean section or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patient’s health and deliver babies safely.
- Analyze, records and report test results or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patients.
- Monitor patient’s condition progress and reevaluate treatment as necessary.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses and medical assistance under her supervision.
- Consult or provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Perform additional tasks as necessary by supervisor.
- Operate on patients to treat conditions.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Examine patient to obtain information on medical condition and surgical risk.
- Prepare official health documents or records.
- Carry out the collection and analysis of quantities surgical data, using post-operative observation sheets, routine data collected, patient files, operation department register, etc... To monitor quality of services delivered for the beneficiaries.
- Supervision, education and guidance of nursing staff on optimal and modern methods of care before and after delivery
- Supervision on the obstructed labor
- Coordinate with the anesthesiologist and resuscitation and conduct the necessary surgical operations in the obstetrics department and provide the required equipment
- Preparation and calming of patients for operations or normal delivery and management of bleeding after surgery and other complications if they occur
- Follow-up and control of all medical and nursing services provided in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Develop plans and procedures to provide and facilitate the provision of medical services
- Passing on patients and directing the nursing staff to take the necessary procedures towards each patient and answering the patients' questions regarding their condition.
- Participation in the submission of statistical reports and progress reports on the number of surgeries in terms of age group , complications…etc.
- Providing recommendations and determining the need of the department of medical cadres, medical equipment and on job training for health staff
- Supervise the admission and discharge of patients on behalf of the team and guide the staff in the section on how to mobilize the discharge of patients
- Clinical master or Board in Gynecologist/Obstetric
- At least 5 years’ experience in Gynecologist/Obstetric
- License to practice Gynecologist/Obstetric
- Knowledge in English language preferred
- Strong team player and exercise sound judgment and make decision quickly and independently.
- Female candidate will be preferred
- Interested Applicants are requested to click here
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.