Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Position: MEAL Officer.
Location: Sana’a (40% Field Visits to different Locations).
Vacancy Reference Number: MEALO_SAN19
In partnership with WFP Islamic Relief Yemen (IRY) is implementing General Food Distribution (GFD), Commodity Vouchers through Traders' Network (CVTvN) and Rapid Response Mechanism(RRM) projects in in different Yemeni Governorates, Therefore we are seeking a potential MEAL Officer to perform the task of monitoring and evaluation of the above mentioned projects in Lahj and Hodeida governorate.
The main purpose of this role is to provide technical support on programme design / projects Results, programme quality and accountability of IRY work; to bring immediate and lasting changes in the lives of communities.
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Coordinator, the MEAL Officer will assist in strengthen the MEAL system, ensuring it is institutionalized, and that staff have the capacity required to implement it. S/he will ensure that all WFP projects in the country are regularly monitored for their effectiveness and appropriateness and that results / lessons are documented and communicated to inform on-going implementation and future programming. S/he will guide teams in achieving outcome/impact focused projects and accountability to beneficiaries in line with Islamic Relief and donors’ policies and practices.
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Coordinator, the MEAL officer will facilitate building capacities of staff for accountability and participation, with a specific focus on the beneficiaries. In summary, the MEAL Coordinator will be responsible to make sure that country management and program WFP program management is properly informed:
- To the extent to which IRY interventions financed by WFP are affecting the lives of the targeted populations;
- Have evidence-based knowledge on the positive and negative impact that IRY interventions financed by WFP are having over the communities where Islamic Relief Yemen works;
- Receives regular, timely and context-specific, meaningful feedback from our staff, partners, programme participants and that feedback effectively informs and signals areas where strategic attention is required.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure that the IRY programs financed by WFP delivers on all internal and external MEAL requirements in a timely manner and with high quality information.
- Strengthen the MEAL systems and processes to assure achievement and progress towards project objectives and outcomes.
- Ensure that verifiable, quantitative data is routine collected and analyzed for IRY WFP projects, across all operational areas.
- Support IRY WFP projects teams with assessment/evaluation planning, ensuring that minimum criteria for quality evaluations are integrated into design and implementation.
- Ensure that all assessment/evaluation reports meet the Islamic Relief Worldwide and WFP quality criteria, and promote the integration of recommendations and lessons learnt in project planning and future programming.
- Application of technology to Monitoring and Evaluation, including ICT4D
Accountability & Learning
- Supervise proper and comprehensive Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) for program where each complainant is properly listened and responded
- Ensure that all staff at all levels, including senior managers fully understand and promote accountability in general.
- Contribute to improvements in existing policies and procedures to enhance effective accountability mechanisms.
- Ensure that all programmes are designed and implemented in accordance with international standards (such as but not limited to CHS) and National standards.
- Develop and report against accountability and participation-related indicators and issues, and produce an annual report on the accountability and participation work.
- Responsible for preparation of periodic, midterm and final reports of the projects.
- Promote feedback and response mechanisms and include systems to effectively manage complaints.
- Ensure that activities are carried out to raise awareness of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse and handling of serious complaints including child abuse.
- Support the documentation of program learnings and presentations, etc).
- Provide leadership, motivation, guidance and technical support to the MEAL volunteers team country wide
- Enhance technical quality of programme and project implementation through continuous trainings and reviews.
- Examine programme implementation and assess possible improvements based on lessons learned, best practices, technical advances, etc.
- Support the development of tools/methodologies to enhance program quality.
- Contribute in developing and sustaining MEAL strategy, and Programme Information Management System (PIMS).
- Develop and maintain updated reporting matrix/plan for the programme and donor reports
- Ensure that all IRY project internal reporting and WFP requirements are met with timely, relevant, triangulated and well data validated.
- Ensure that monthly program reports are consolidated and shared with management.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Development studies or related field
- Extensive experience in working for NGO or INGOs on Development fields with a minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- English-language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
Core Values (Required
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Planning and Organizing
- Drive for Results.
- Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problem
Working Condition and Level of Travel Required
This position is located in Sana'a - Yemen with regular visits to other governorates.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here .
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.