Ended Digital Communication Officer
Job Title: Digital Communication Officer_NO1_Sana'a_Yemen_ #111782 _Temporary Appointment_364 days_Only for Yemeni Nationals
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, dignity
In the 1970s UNICEF established presence in Yemen to respond to the urgent needs of children in the poorest country in the Middle East. In 1991, Yemen ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child and it was enacted immediately. Since then the country has been making steady progress for children until it plunged into a brutal conflict in 2015 but even before that, Yemen needed large amounts of humanitarian assistance.
In collaboration with local authorities, non-governmental organizations and community partners, UNICEF is working in all the governorates in Yemen to respond to the needs of children throughout the country with a continuum of services to help children survive and grow to their full potential through the following programmes: Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Basic Education, and Child protection.
For more on our work in Yemen, please visit our website: https://www.unicef.org/yemen/
How can you make a difference?
Within the delegated authority and the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be accountable for all or assigned areas of the following major duties and end results.
- Communication strategy: Digital media strategy designed, implemented and monitored, contributing to UNICEF Yemen’s broader communication strategy; in line with UNICEF Yemen’s public advocacy priorities; to stimulate public engagement; and to support resource mobilization.
- Management of websites and social media platforms: Websites and social media tools are successfully managed and regularly updated; providing active engagement platforms for youth, civil society, donors, media and other partners.
- Multimedia production: Efficient and high-quality design and production of communication products and materials for digital and social media as well as print as appropriate. This includes videos, human interest stories, photos, profiles, and engaging updates. Production plan is regularly updated in coordination with Communication Specialist, programme sections and communication priorities.
For more details on the Job Profile, hold CTRL & double-click: Job Description _ Digital Communication officer.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Multimedia Production or related field.
- One-year practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Field work experience
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Fluency in Arabic & English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of care, respect, integrity, trust, and accountability and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [I]
- Relating and Networking [I]
- Persuading and Influencing [I]
- Applying Technical Expertise [I]
- Learning and Researching [II]
- Planning and Organizing [II]
View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link: (not later than 10 Nov 2019):
While UNICEF seeks to recruit the best talent in the Yemeni labor market to be able to deliver the best possible services for the children in Yemen, we would like to make it clear that we never use any third party in any of the recruitment processes for all junior and senior positions advertised. All received applications are treated with high level of transparency and professionalism. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements are considered and only within the announced deadline.
في حين تسعى اليونيسف لإستقطاب أفضل الكوادر في السوق اليمنية لتتمكن من تقديم أفضل خدمة للأطفال في اليمن، تود التنويه إلى أنها لا تستعين بأي شخص أو جهة (قد يقدم نفسهـ/ـا) كوسيط أو طرف ثالث في أي من عمليات التوظيف وفيما يخص جميع الوظائف، باستثناء الإعلان عبر وسائل الإعلام والمواقع الإليكترونية. إن اليونيسف، منظمة الطفولة، تعمل بمستوى عال من الشفافية والمهنية. ولا يتم التواصل إلا مع المتقدمين الذين توافقت مؤهلاتهم وخبراتهم مع الوظائف المعلن عنها والتي تقدموا لها في الموعد المعلن.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.