Ended Finance Officer (Re-Advertised)
Finance Officer Re-Advertise
Duty Station [Mocha-Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people in over 30 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in East Africa and Yemen (EAY) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programs through Country Offices (COs) in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia/Djibouti, Yemen and Uganda/Tanzania with a Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job
Overall purpose of the role:
• Support Finance Team / Programs
• Deliver technical support and guidance to Programs
• Fulfil daily accounting tasks and assist in coordinating financial functions and services
• Producing relevant financial previsions and reports on a regular basis
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
Payments and Transfers:
• Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms
• Ensure all payments meet requirements of National Law and engage with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure tax requirements are met accordingly
• Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations
• Check invoices, activity and account coding and prepare vouchers.
•Implement and manage all aspects of daily accounting operations. And ensure that all supporting documents are prepared and submitted in accordance with approved procedures.
•BFU’s are prepared on a monthly basis and send to Finance Team Leader for final review.
•Tracks all standard contracts (lease agreements, short term service contacts, office utilities/communication etc) and the expiration dates and controls prepayments.
•Regularly following up the status of the outstanding advances, loans pending in the system and coordinates timely liquidations
• Ensure all expenses enter the DRC accounting system in time and of highest quality
• Ensure to update cashbooks on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies
• Ensure all bank accounts statements are reconciled
• Ensure proper filing system for financial documents
•Supervises the cash management operation conducted through the bank and Cash on hand accounts. Participate in a physical cash count procedure on a weekly basis.
•Coordinates the process of addition/deletion of Bank Signatory for DRC Aden bank accounts and preparation of documents - Power of Attorney, Letters to the Bank etc
•Review all financial reports to ensure that they are compliant with DRC and donor’s standards and guidelines.
•Conducts monitoring visits to partners and prepares recommendations for improvement of financial procedures and reports if/when needed.
•Provide training support to partners in the area of admin and financial management and ensure partner’s compliance to DRC and donor’s requirements.
•Collaborates with the external Auditors to conduct the audit process; provides with all required support documents, clarifications and analysis.
Conduct field visit to support the Field offices
DRC Dynamics ERP System
• Ensure that all expenditures are booked via DRC Dynamics.
• Ensure ERP finance functionalities are properly used by concerned staff and team has proper knowledge and access to information to use DRC Dynamics
• Apply reports and data analytics from ERP system to improve performance in area of concern.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field
• Proven management skills and a competence in people management
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and financial IT systems
• Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
• Experience in working in NGOs
• Full professional proficiency in English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
Bachelor degree in Finance , accounting , international development, economics or other relevant.Desirable
- Arabic - Fluent, reading and writing
- English - Fluent, reading and writing
DRC will offer the successful applicant a One Year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible, and be willing and able to work in Mocha with frequent field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band ( H Non- Manager).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 15 November 2019. The interviews are expected to take place starting form 17 November 2019.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo