Ended WASH Program Manager
WASH Program Manager
Location: Aden with frequent visit to the field within NMO operation areas.
Duration: Annual contract
Responsible from: Head of programs
Nahda Makers organization (NMO) Summary:
NMO is a humanitarian organization implementing several program in WASH, Food Security and livelihood, Shelter, Education and child protection Program in Yemen since 2012, with funding from different donors.
Nahda Makers Organization is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of WASH program manager to carry out the following tasks:
- Manage the implementation of WASH projects, ensuring donors compliance while meeting all technical and program quality standards.
- Provide leadership, guidance and improve the capacity of WASH teams.
- Ensures the whole team has a clear understanding of their roles and WASH humanitarian standers.
- Build strong teams by encouraging effective teamwork and participating in WASH team recruitment , preparing and revision of job descriptions
- Track and manage WASH projects budgets and ensuring that the spending goes based on approved budget lines and in consistency with NMO procedures.
- Review and evaluate the BoQs and make sure those are logic and reflect the real need and contact the donors when there is any adjustment.
- Conducting several filed visit to monitor and ensure the quality of implementation.
- Supervise the Hygiene promotion and sanitation section.
- Participate in preparing new proposal and WASH fundraising activities.
- Ensure maintaining a good coordination with relevant agencies, authorities, communities, clusters …ect.
- Managing an effective communication with NMO donors and work to strength the trust and positive partnership.
- Monitor submitting the reports in the deadline with good quality.
- Represent NMO in the internal and external related meetings.
- Contribute to support achieving NMO strategy of the WASH Department.
- Contribute to program quality and accountability processes and measure program impact.
- Respect NMO work policies and work collaborate with others team in implementing the common task.
- Implement any other related task as required from Head of Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in WASH project with humanitarian organization.
- Experience with INGO is preferable
- Previous experience in program management of a WASH project in conflict/post-conflict contexts, preferably with experience in supporting emergency response.
- Professional written and oral English skills.
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes, including SPHERE.
- Experience managing donor's requirements.
- High ability in communication and negotiation with the different related actors.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams.
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure with multi task.