Ended Senior Admin/Travel Assistant
VACANCY NOTICE YEMAD/HR/2019/33
Title of Position: Senior Admin./Travel Assistant
Position Number: TA
Category & Level: General Service, G-5
Location: Sub-Office Aden, Yemen
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of six months
Date of Issue: 03/11/2019
Closing Date: 09/11/2019
The Senior Administrative/Travel Assistant will provide administrative support to the office where the position is located.
The Senior Administrative Assistant normally has no direct supervisory functions though it rests upon the supervisor of the post to make time specific arrangements subject to a given situation. The incumbent will always function under direct supervision of a Senior Officer often Administrative Officer, who is required to monitor the performance of the incumbent and provide regular guidance. S/he may liaise with local suppliers and/or officials and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Prepares the travel authorizations, travel advances and processes the travel claims of all staff.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly reports on travel and monitors the status of unprocessed advances and pending claims
- Assist in interpreting and processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files.
- Assist in requisition of office supplies, equipment and arrange for distribution together with the appropriate inventory records.
- Assist in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements and issuance/ renewal of visas, licences, travel arrangements and other similar documents.
- Draft correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility; Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which may be highly confidential.
- Arrange appointments and maintain supervisor's calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion; Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps.
- Facilitate various official missions of UNHCR staff and other persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Prepare attestations and certificates required by the staff members for signature of senior officer.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Review and recommend applicability of exceptional conditions.
- Contact the Salaries and Allowances Section, Office of Financial Services, with regard to all UNHCR requests for ad hoc DSA and upgrades/exceptions for travel entitlements on behalf of staff at all levels
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related fields.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant working experience in travel administration and/or finance.
- Familiarity with Oracle-PeopleSoft or other ERP system.
- Good knowledge of UN, UNHCR, other international organization or private sector Travel Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Very good knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Applicant who meets the minimum requirements are eligible
- Applicant should meet the limitation of recruitment age between (18 and 60 years old)
- Non-local candidates must be legally present in Yemen at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Interested candidates must fill the NEW Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Snr. Human Resources Associate
Tel. contact: +967-2-231-441
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).