Introduction About Direct Aid: -
Yemen Office was established under the principle agreement which was signed by the Government of Yemen, represented by the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation and Direct Aid on December 26th, 2012. Yemen Office has focused on WASH projects since the beginning of its activities in 2013. A series of sustainable and vital projects have been implemented which have developed radical solutions to the WASH problems in various governorates of the Republic of Yemen. In 2015, the office's work areas expanded its activities in emergency response projects, health, education, seasonal, construction, and micro-finance projects, and also, community development in the country's precarious conditions.
Direct Aid is one of the leading and most sophisticated organizations in alleviating the deteriorating humanitarian situations through the provision of humanitarian intervention in various fields.
Positions required: An -accountant
Location: Sana'a and multiple cities
Objective of the job:
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the finance department and help the organization be fully aware of its financial conditions.
- Verify review and record the integrity of the disbursement procedures for all expenses in the system.
- Prepare financial statements, estimated budgets and projects documents.
- Follow-up to the evacuation of the covenant for project operating expenses.
- Follow up to release the custodies of operational expenses.
- Follow up the registration to the cash fund and make daily payments for the approved transactions.
- Supervise and audit the disbursements of bank accounts and their conformity with the applicable regulations.
- Review project contracts and ensure completion of documentary procedures for all phases of projects.
- Monitor and verify of the financial balance of projects between the bank and the HQ.
- Settlement of cash accounts on a weekly basis and their conformity with the financial system.
- Document the financial transactions and support the exchange and other documents required for the monthly liquidation reports, that submitted to head office and through the automated system followed.
- Assist in the provision of documents required for settlements and audit required from donors to verify and solve any financial or accounting problems.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, regulations and regulations of the HQ.
- Implementation of a field inspection visit related to the disbursement operations in accordance with the mandate of the administration of office, as well as the required visits and meetings with the competent authorities.
- Scoring the monthly leaves and calculating the rewards, benefits and discounts for the employees of the office.
- Provide financial reports on project activities and any financial aspects in general periodically.
- Any tasks assigned to him in relation to the profession and according to the need and conditions of work.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting required.
- 2-3 years’ experience as an accountant
- Experience in financial analysis of tenders and procurement.
- Ability to prepare and formulate periodic and final financial reports of budgets and Activities of projects.
- Excellent English in conversation and writing.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Word).
- Good skills of using financial and accounting systems (Yemen Soft, others).
- Good communication skills and Ability to manage time.
- Working in a team or individually in an excellent manner.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to gather information quickly upon request and follow-up skills.
In case if the applicant has been approved he must offer a commercial insurance from the chamber of commerce.
How to Apply
Deadline for submission of application: 16-November-2019
Documents to be submitted: CV and Cover Letter (English), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
send an email to email@example.com
Please Mention the Position in your Subject line.
The exam is in English language .
Direct Aid encourages qualified female candidates to apply as well as qualified candidates with special needs .