Ended Media & Content Officer
Media & Content Officer
Division: Partnerships and Communications
Location: Sanaa, Yemen
Reports to: Partnerships and Communications Director
To support communication and advocacy activities of the YFCA offices to produce visually appealing infographics, short videos, success stories, presentations, factsheets, brochures, posters, web graphics and other visual and writing products to bring a sharper understanding of YFCA humanitarian response.
- Support and lead the production and editing short video documentaries and animations for projects implementation
- Deliver creative graphic and technical solution for use of social media
- Create animations in PowerPoint and/or other interfaces for illustrative purposes
- Layout and design information and communication materials (banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards)
- Design templates for new publications and products in line with communication guidelines and in close cooperation with the program team
- Assist in the designing and production of visibility items
- Develop interactive maps for the programs using the best technologies
- Liaise with suppliers in layout and production of publication, ensuring timely delivery
- Assist in other activities relating to the communication program
- Take creative photos for events and meetings
- Support and advise the teams managing operations at field levels in their communications activities and strategies, provide a constant stream of information on interventions
- Signal issues on which the association should consider positioning itself publicly, based on its activities and observations, and help define strategies, messages and tools for communicating such issues;
- Design and implement strategies for creating and enhancing understanding of and appreciation for the association, its principles and its activities
- Produce and oversee the production of communications tools for media and social media on the activities
- Respond to communication needs of projects
- Be the primary source of information (reactively and actively)
- Supports all works of all projects
- Administer the Facebook page and other social media pages
- Develop success and humanitarian stories for all projects on a regular basis
- Assist in writing up project proposals
Creative Writing and liaison:
- Under clear guidance, prepare content for traditional and social media platforms and networks, and printed materials, to enhance coverage and support of YFCA’s activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages and standards.
- Manage and maintain records and databases, such as journalist and media outlet contact lists, to ensure the information is accurate, organized and readily available for others to access.
- Liaise with YFCA staff and the media in a timely manner, to support aligned activities and an effective approach to communications within YFCA.
- Recognize the target audience and formulate customized communications.
- Play a major role in advocacy activities and writing press releases and notes.
- Formulate speeches for public addresses within and outside the YFCA.
- Formulate speeches for senior executives that are to be used in high level meetings.
- Proofread and edit all communication materials emanating from YFCA.
- Formulate write ups to be used in presentations in corporate events.
- Ensure all messaging aligns with key business strategies.
- Develop content for social media, websites, newsletters, press releases and any other distribution channels.
- Contribute in the annual and quarterly produced reports.
- Any other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- University Degree in communication, media, graphic design or related field.
- Proven skills on video editing applications, with experience in filming and production of short videos.
- Proven skills of success stories’ write up.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in communication media, with strong practical background in graphic design and success stories.
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms.
- Good knowledge of photography and image taking and editing.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to operate under pressure
- Proficiency in English.
- Dynamic, proactive and creative with excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational capacity.
- Ability to multi-task, take decisions and work independently
- Willingness and ability to travel within and out Yemen
- The ability to work independently using own initiative to solve problems (focusing on solutions).
- Proven ability to work effectively with others to achieve results.
- A team player and willing to shoulder additional responsibilities.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Nov 28, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Females are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
** YFCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.