Media and Communication Officer (Re-Advertised)
Media and Communication Officer Re-Advertised.
Position: Media & Communication Officer.
Vacancy Reference Number: MO_SAN19
The key purpose of this role is to assist and support program & fundraising media needs in Islamic Relief Yemen (IRY) by developing the external profile of IRY and its activities with donors, community, government departments, partners, staff and volunteers, and other stakeholders. The Media Officer promotes the public image of Islamic Relief Yemen by direct supervising of producing printed/visual/written media materials according to Islamic Relief international guidelines
The Media Officer is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic Relief values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
- Manage IRY social media, supervise feedback and complaints, and keep followers updated of all the organization’s activities and Yemen humanitarian situation.
- Assist the line Manager as necessary, including representation and attendance at meetings as required, minute taking and coordination with teams to follow up action points identified.
- Coordinating with local/international media outlets to assure a good and usual presentation of Islamic Relief.
- Develop media products (press releases, statements) in English and Arabic, targeting local, regional and international media outlets and rack any mentions of IRY in Arabic and international media. Share weekly reports with the rest of the team
- Compile a weekly media digest of top headlines related to humanitarian crisis in Yemen, and share with staff.
- Edit and co-ordinate the publication of written case studies/stories and other information either for a humanitarian cases or for beneficiaries of most projects in all departments.
- Liaise with colleagues internally and at field level to get regular updates on the humanitarian situation, IRY’s programs, as well as generating projects’ and situation reports, press and marketing material, including case studies, graphic design, and info graphics.
- Provide media support to field offices, through managing design of media materials such as banners, cards, posters, brochures, booklets, signboards, reports, etc.
- Work with the line Manager and media colleagues in Yemen country office and field teams to identify new stories and angles that might be of interest nationally and internationally
- Work to design and produce photos, info graphics, share graphics, videos and other products specifically for online consumption.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, media consultants and maintain a media database.
- Working closely with specialized media agencies to execute several visual or printed materials such as documentary films.
- Travel to the field as required, possibly at short notice, for media coverage purposes, including to disaster zones.
- To form close relations with program team in order to generate news lines, quotes and help to facilitate training with staff on how to take photos and how to write stories, and speak with media.
- Work with program colleagues to collect information on context and program in areas of operation across the country
- Comply with IRY policies and practice, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
- To perform such other responsibilities as agreed with your line manager
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Multimedia, Journalism, public relations, or related field.
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience working with INGOs/NGOs in Humanitarian Aid in similar position.
- Well experienced in using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and other designs software.
- Experience in producing high quality media materials such as photos, video footages, films, reports, and case studies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with limited support and minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point).
- English-language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to other people’s views and perspectives.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely complex ideas and concepts. As well as having excellent presentation and training skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and think visually.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.