Ended Logistics Support – Stabilization Centre
Preliminary Job Information
Job Title: LOGISTICS SUPPORT – STABILIZATION CENTRE
Duty Station: AL-MIGHLAF
Reports to (Hierarchical): ACTIVITY MANAGER
Reports to (Technical): LOGISTICS OFFICER, HODEIDAH
Creation / Replacement : Creation
Announcing Date: 04/11/2019
Closing Date: 15/11/2019
General information on the mission
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilian victims of marginalization and exclusion, or those hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 190 projects a year in the following sectors of intervention: Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Construction and Rehabilitation of infrastructures, Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Economic Recovery. PU-AMI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
PU-AMI’s history in the country and intervention strategy
PU-AMI has been present in Yemen since 2007. From 2007 to 2011, PU-AMI supported the primary health system in Hodeidah Governorate. After a one-year stand-by in 2011 due to security reasons, the mission re-started in July 2012 with a nutrition project focusing both on emergency response and a longer term community-based approach in Hodeidah and extended its activity in Raymah Governorate.
Since 2017, PU-AMI continues to concentrate its intervention in 6 districts of Hodeida and 3 districts of Raymah, where a high number of IDPs are stressing the capacity of the health system to cope in an already extreme precarious situation. The core field of intervention for PU-AMI in these Governorates is an integrated approach on nutrition including community-based activities (OTP/SFP and community mobilization as a strong component of the program, within health facilities and outreach activities.
In Hodeidah and Raymah governorates, PU-AMI works to contribute to reduce the impact and severity of nutritional challenges and to improve health status of most vulnerable populations, through supplementary nutrition integrated response based upon health, hygiene and nutrition education and capacity building. In Rayma, PU-AMI is supporting a stabilisation centre for severely malnourished children with medical complications
In Mokha PU-AMI’s planed intervention aims to contribute to the improvement of the health and nutrition status of most vulnerable populations in the area, through an integrated approach including rehabilitation of health facilities, trainings, capacity building, as well hygiene and health promotion activities.
To provide overall Logistics Support to Al Mighlaf Stabilization Center. This will include, procurement, Logistics, fleet, assets, stock and warehouse/inventory management. The incumbent will be required to exercise utmost professionalism in stock management, stock records, and food supply and inventory management for the Al Mighlaf Stabilization Centre. S/he will be required to keep appropriate records and ensure proper maintenance and repair of premises under his/her jurisdiction. The Logistics Support Al Mighlaf will functionally report to the Activity Manager and hierarchically report to the Supply Officer of Hodeidah Base
Tasks and Responsibilities
Supply chain: Carries out Supply Chain activities and properly documents the process from requests to warehousing, at Al Mighlaf level in support of program implementation in compliance with PUI procedures and donors’ guidelines.
Assets & Premises: Ensures proper and good management of all equipment and premises at Al Mighlaf level in compliance with PUI procedures and donors’ guidelines.
Safety & Security: Ensures safety and security guidelines are followed at Al Mighlaf level, communication and transportation means are available at all times.
Fleet: Follows up with the Logistics Officer Hodeidah for all movement plans and cargo to Al Mighlaf.
Reporting: Ensures all reporting and dissemination of information is properly done under the Activity Manager’s guidance using proper tools.
- Work with the activity manager in identifying requirements for Al Mighlaf.
- Receive Procurement Requests from the Activity Manager for purchase of the needs based on the Procurement plan
- Check the Procurement Requests for accuracy of items specifications, tight template and respects PU-AMI’s procedures.
- Prepare and send Request for Quotations to suppliers and manage supplier relationships in Al Mighlaf.
- Collect the quotations prepare all Procurement Documentation and submit to the Logistics Officer, Hodeidah for validation.
- Carry out market assessment with Technical support of the Logistics Officer; negotiate for better terms and conditions, prices, lead times and payment terms.
- Follow-up with the Logistics Officer Hodeidah on order processing ensure timely deliveries to the SC and ensure proper tracking of all supplies.
- Check for quality of all delivered supplies and update the Purchase Follow Up tool.
- Liaise with the Logistics Officer to ensure proper forecast of needs for procurement at Al Mighlaf level.
- Receive all supplies (food & non-food items) using the correct documents (Delivery Note / waybills, Packing Lists) and keep records of all materials received and dispatched at Al Mighlaf Level.
- Carry out monthly Inventory Stock takes of all supplies in store (physical Inventory Checks and counts, random weight checks, quality checks, expiry dates) and prepare to reject any commodities not matching PU-AMI Standards.
- Distribute the food and non-food items on request from the Activity Manager using Stock Request and Dispatch Forms, Waybills, packing Lists, and update the Stock Report daily.
- Ensure good warehousing practices; maintain clean and pest-free storage conditions at all times, manage the offloading and stacking of the commodities, install Stock Cards, Stack cards, Bin Cards and any other storekeeping records for proper tracking of program supplies.
Logistics & Fleet
- Facilitate repair of minor faults in of premises in Al Mighlaf as may be identified or requested by the Activity manager and in conjunction with the Rehabilitation Supervisor
- Ensure regular maintenance of Equipment (Generator, Solar System, Electrical works) and premises (Store, Stabilization Centre).
- Report any major faults in equipment and premises as may be requested by the Activity Manager at Al Mighlaf.
- Receive, Manage and report Fuel usage at Al Mighalaf, ensure correct and proper follow-up of fuel and utilization of the generator (periodic maintenance)
- Ensure proper fuel request, recording (Stock Cards) and dispatch.
- Work with the Logistics Officer in Hodeidah to arrange for any transport of Supplies, Medical Drugs, Equipment from Sanaa and Hodeidah to Al Mighlaf.
- Ensure Drivers follow PU-AMI rules and procedures, safety and security, movements and log Sheets procedures.
- Monitor fuel storage, fuel requests, consumption as well as fuel stocks.
- Ensure at all times the solar system is in good working condition, propose any improvements and correct follow-up and implement preventative maintenance on time.
- In charge of the smooth running of all equipment at Al Mighlaf level.
- Update the Equipment list Follow Up for all Assets received and in use, ensure they carry log tags and report any missing Equipment.
- Checks IT equipment at reception and prepare Allocation Forms for Staff.
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup and ensure monthly back up in liaison with the IT Officer
- Request for new Equipment, Mobile Phones and SIM cards, update contact list and credit requests on monthly basis with the help of the IT Officer.
- Ensure the implementation of asset management procedures on the base (identification cards, tagging…)
- Support the base and field staff by giving them regular refresher trainings on the asset management procedure.
- Record the new needs of staffs in terms of IT equipment (Laptop, phone etc.)
- Check and make sure for all Asset forms and do regulation of asset form if needed.
Ensure update and sending of the following reports:
- Fuel Consumption Report to the Logistics Officer by Thursday each week.
- Prepare and send Monthly reports to Logistics Officer by the 5th of Each Month
- Stock Follow Up Report
- Equipment List Report
- Purchase and Contracts Follow Up
- Contact List for Al Mighlaf
General Organization of the work
- Directly Reports to: Supply Officer
- Indirectly Reports to: Logistics Officer Hodeidah, Activity Manager
- Works 8 hours per day /five days per week.
Required knowledge and skills
Literacy (to fill the stock reports, proceed to inventory, check the waybills etc.)
Course on logistics/warehouse management
Any related experience
Previous experience in warehouse management
Previous experience with INGO
Knowledge & Skills
Capacity to conduct handyman tasks (repairs, maintenance, small construction, electro-mechanical skills).
Good warehousing practices
Maintenance of generator
- Flexible and committed
- Service oriented
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work in a team with a sense of initiative and responsibility
- Caring and accountable
- Ability to work at any time even on the weekend if required and upon request to comes to SC for emergency work (distribution, repair etc.)
We are looking for a candidate with a Humanitarian Logistics background considerable experience. The ideal candidate must have at least 1-2 years of progressive Logistics Experience coupled with Educational qualifications in Logistics, procurement, Supply Chain, IT, Administration, Business or Project Management at Bachelor’s Degree level. Candidates with vast logistics experience but without considerable formal education will be considered.
The candidate should have cross-functional knowledge in procurement, Warehousing, Fleet, Assets and Equipment, IT and or construction.
Knowledge and experience in logistics and procurement, market assessments, contracting, vehicle and fleet management, inventory, property/premises and asset management will be an advantage.
A candidate who shows strong collaboration and negotiation skills alongside effective interpersonal and communication skills able to work seamlessly across teams and organizational departments will be considered a plus.
Note that this role requires a candidate with the ability and skills to communicate in English (write, Speak) and the ability to travel and live in remote field locations.
Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their Applications (Application Letter & Curriculum Vitae in one document) in English to the Email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th November, 2019. Please insert the Subject of the Email as: “Logistics Support – Al Mighlaf”.
Premiere Urgence International is an Equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret that we will only be able to contact those who meet our minimum qualifications and skills.