Ended WASH Officer - Cholera Lead Agency
WASH Officer - Cholera Lead Agency
Duty Station [Sana’a]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people in over 30 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in East Africa and Yemen (EAY) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programs through Country Offices (COs) in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia/Djibouti, Yemen and Uganda/Tanzania with a Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief services at worldwide since 1956, and working in Yemen since 2008 responding to the protection, WASH and Livelihoods needs of IDPs, migrants, children and local communities in collaboration with key national and international agencies. The District Cholera Lead Agency Officer is a critical position to provide cholera response.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the first port of call agency to respond to Immediate Cholera Response, with the RRTs intervention to clusters of cases in the district in line with the SOPs.
- Closely coordinate with WASH RRTs to ensure immediate WASH Response and follow up.
- Conduct Rapid Cholera WASH assessments, case investigations and sanitary survey to define transmission context, mapping and analysis of cholera-specific response priorities.
- Coordinate with District Health Office (DHO) and health RRTs to ensure alerts are raised on a timely basis.
- Raise Alarms / Alerts / gaps to the WASH cluster and where impediments to response may arise – access, security administrative.
- Work in collaboration with all WASH partners in the district, supporting agencies best placed to respond in different areas, ensuring complimentary, whilst also highlighting gaps in implementation.
- Application of WASH SOPs and the integrated cholera response plan at field level – ensuring the quality, progress and monitoring of cholera response with WASH cluster partners.
- Highlight specific issues for attention of WASH Cluster Coordinator and hubs to ensure immediate and priority and corrective measures are taken.
- Identify best practices / lessons to be shared to increase knowledge and awareness.
- Responsible for water source / point mapping in the district (with support of LWC, GARWSP and NWRA).
- Insure close coordination with DRC WASH Specialist, Cholera team Leader and other cholera team members.
- Provide regular reports and attend internal meetings.
- Undertake other duties as required.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least 3-year experience in coordination and management of projects.
- Solid planning, budgeting, M&E and computer skills.
- Solid coordination skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of guidance.
- INGO experience preferred.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
University degree in relevant area.
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken).
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Fluency in Arabic language (written and spoken).
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 4 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 1st of December, 2019 and be willing and able to work in Sana’a.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level (H2).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on 10 November,2019. The interviews are expected to take place on 19 November,2019
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo